Pre-Game Talk: Game #40. Isles @ Oilers. 9PM ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Looks like Cal Clutterbuck is back tonight. Sorokin starts his 8th straight game.

"Bailey-Barzal-Cizikas"

IDK why, but I've always pictured Barzal ideally playing with 2 LH wingers. Maybe it's because Denis Savard was a RH shot who played a similar style and his wingers were both LH? It shouldn't matter that much, but there you go. ;)

Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
9pm start? Might actually catch the first period 🤣

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
"Bailey-Barzal-Cizikas"

IDK why, but I've always pictured Barzal ideally playing with 2 LH wingers. Maybe it's because Denis Savard was a RH shot who played a similar style and his wingers were both LH? It shouldn't matter that much, but there you go. ;)
CZ, being able to skate and keep up with Barzal is a huge plus. Hope they can pot a few more tonight.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
CZ, being able to skate and keep up with Barzal is a huge plus. Hope they can pot a few more tonight.
Better chance of winning more D zone faceoffs when Cizikas takes those in place of Barzal

Reactions: mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
let's see where the cookie crumbles tonight. Leaning on Sorokin, guy is a work horse. Should see alot of rubber tonight. Hope we get the bounces. LGI!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Well we shut them out 3-0 at home earlier in the year. PPG and SHG from JGP (leads the team in both of those categories) and Aho with the 3rd goal.

Was watching the recap and pretty interesting that McDavid doesn't show up in any highlights until about 4 minutes into the 3rd already down 3-0. Hopefully we can continue that.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Me too. I’m intrigued by Fasching with Lee and Nelson. I hope they get some traction, and I hope Nelson’s head is in the game tonight.

Lambert has used them before on occasion, when rotating lines. Some shifts stood out. We’re able to leverage their size and reach to forecheck and keep the puck in the zone.

Kind of poor man’s “Legion of doom” in their approach.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lambert has used them before on occasion, when rotating lines. Some shifts stood out. We’re able to leverage their size and reach to forecheck and keep the puck in the zone.

Kind of poor man’s “Legion of doom” in their approach.
2 bangers and a guy who can snipe.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
If I read the projected lineup correctly, Barzal is centering with Cizikas playing wing.

While I’m still a big fan of Barzal, how on earth do you keep him in the faceoff circle while Cizikas is on the ice at the same time? As I write this, I’m guessing that’s already happening since Barzal has only taken 1 faceoff in each of the last 2 games.

Faceoff stats this season:
Barzal 31.2%
Cizikas 54.6%

Barzal can still drive the play while staying out of the circle assuming there’s someone else on his line like Cizikas that’s good at the dot.

I like that combination with them playing together. Now if they only had a sniper alongside them.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
If I read the projected lineup correctly, Barzal is centering with Cizikas playing wing.

While I’m still a big fan of Barzal, how on earth do you keep him in the faceoff circle while Cizikas is on the ice at the same time? As I write this, I’m guessing that’s already happening since Barzal has only taken 1 faceoff in each of the last 2 games.

Faceoff stats this season:
Barzal 31.2%
Cizikas 54.6%

Barzal can still drive the play while staying out of the circle assuming there’s someone else on his line like Cizikas that’s good at the dot.

I like that combination with them playing together. Now if they only had a sniper alongside them.
Just because Barzal is listed at center, doesn’t automatically mean he’s taking faceoffs.

Lee would often take faceoffs when he was on a line with Barzal. So in all likelihood Cizikas will take most of the faceoffs just the same.

Reactions: Mike C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad