GDT: Game 40: Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 1/10 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Fork.jpg

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
It's getting harder and harder for to keep watching full games. I've been switching the channel early a lot more often here lately.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The run in December was all-star quality.... It ended in January going 2-3 so far, not good enough to get into playoff position... And we have gotten injured players back too...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
As I said I missed most of the game but I saw the 3rd and 5th goals... both bad goals by Bob yet Fox gives him the third star? And with a SV% of .87?? Wow..

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
"Playoffs" was taken for granted.
I hate that many of our own seem to think we'll make it that far.

After 3 season of super-**** starts, I'm hoping it finally bites us. Not that I want to see CBJ do bad, but that I want us to quit thinking it'll be easy to recover.

I want CBJ hardcore hockey every game. No more of this crap "we'll pick it up later" crap.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Return current, there will be new injuries. Our carma. And more, we will be with Bob four years.
Get used to him instability and his new injury.

Bob's been bad the last couple of nights but he's the least of our problems imo.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Jackets can't get the puck out of their own zone. Bob can only stop so many shots.

Not feeling optimistic about a playoff run.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Mark Letestu: -13 corsi at even strength... worst forward corsi. Dubinsky was a +7. What a difference.

Brock Nelson: corsi leader for NYI. +14.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
We're slower and less skilled. And Bob hasn't been godlike to cover our deficiencies.
Not a pretty sight the past two games. :shakehead

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We're slower and less skilled. And Bob hasn't been godlike to cover our deficiencies.
Not a pretty sight. :shakehead

Good point. For a team that was supposed to have gotten faster in the off season, we have a way to go to become a fast team.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well.. glad I missed this one. Company holiday party..

And count me in the tanking camp. I have the worst gut feeling we'll continue to try and make a playoff push that most certainly ends with us coming up just short and missing out on top talent in the draft.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Good point. For a team that was supposed to have gotten faster in the off season, we have a way to go to become a fast team.
I think we actually are a fast team, when we want to be.... One thing I noticed and the Rimer/Shelley crew mentioned it too if I recall.... Cam Atkinson and Matt Calvert are not what they were last season..

The CBJ can be the best in the league when goaltending is superior and the team wants to win.... Coaching cannot cure all problems but they must bench players that don’t play with heart, other players than guys like Tropp and Boll... Neither Tropp nor Boll are responsible for losing the last two games, bench someone else Todd...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad