GDT: Game 40: Avs @ Hawks | Tuesday, January 6, 6:30pm MT | Everyday is Exactly the Same

avspatti

Dec 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
KEc0VcB.png

Varly should think about his potential of being one of the three stars and get a different hair cut.
He could shave, too. Not a fan of facial hair EXCEPT in the playoffs.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Um, if he lets the Chicago player touch the puck, then the faceoff is in their end. So no, there was no rush and the ref was not about to blow the whistle UNLESS one of the Hawks touched it. Duchene could have at the very least softly batted it out of the zone. Instead he rifled it Stuart-style down the ice.

If anything he should've just waited because the Hawks eventually would've had to touch the puck or risk losing more time.

If nobody touches the puck the following face off would have been in the Avs zone ( yes the refs were about to blow the whistle )

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If nobody touches the puck the following face off would have been in the Avs zone ( yes the refs were about to blow the whistle )
That is correct. The refs were probably pressuring the Avs to play the puck so Duchene did the right thing. I just think he got more on it than he planned to.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah, he looked nervous all game long. It's cliche (not Marc-Andre), but he really is gripping the stick too tight. Screwing up that prime scoring chance earlier in the game and that "frantic" clearing attempt sure looked like indecision/nerves to me.

Matts problem is definetly between the ears right now. Hes over thinking and he prolly has very low self esteem right now. Prolly got turned down by a Kardashian or some bs. Something is wrong with him no doubt

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well, I think there some truth to the rumors he was playing hurt, if he's not playing hurt now, and that along with waning confidence has completely thrown a monkey wrench into his game.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Watching the Leafs - Caps game.

Why are we the only team that routinely ices the puck when under pressure?

Why can't we chip it out into their zone without it being icing.

I hope Roy starts making them practice it.

I am really getting sick of those damn icings all the time.

Maybe it is an overreaction to last night but it has been bothering me for quite some time.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Mattingly, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!
-Mr Burns

umdieecke*

I don't get all the terrible and lucky comments, come on. It wasn't a work of art and they definitely hung on to the lead but they deserved the lead and played hard. Obviously the Avs are not as good as them but to say it was an abomination is just so inaccurate. It's taking everything to extremes that's tiresome. Every game is either great or terrible, every player is either fantastic or worthless, every prospect is either a stud or a bust. It gets exhausting.

When the Avs forum seems taxing, there's always the main trade forum where you can engage in repartee with the Leafs fans over the trade value of OReilly/Kessel/Gardiner/Phaneuf. It's kind of therapeutic-- not taxing at all. It can be enlightening and envigorating. And, perhaps, the best part is they don't push too hard to take their bad contracts.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I always had facial hair and sometimes some long lumberjack beards but now I try to stay as clean as possible since growing a beard seems to be part of some cult. I used to like being different and being the guy with the beard but now everyone has one and for some reason they all need to post to social media about it every day.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
I can't believe in this day an age there is still beardism. When will the intolerance end?

Beardism? Beards are like a fashion accessory for 20 year olds now. Everyone thinks they're Ryan Gosling or Bradley Cooper. Or worse, they grow the homeless man beard.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Beardism? Beards are like a fashion accessory for 20 year olds now. Everyone thinks they're Ryan Gosling or Bradley Cooper. Or worse, they grow the homeless man beard.

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned neck beard when kept in check with regular trimmings. (I feel like these posts should go into OT...)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I'm closer to that. :laugh:

Personally, I am just too lazy to shave. I haven't been clean shaven in 5 or 6 years, and have had my homeless beard for about 4 now.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Maybe, but what is wrong with wanting to see a man's face? LOL

You don't want to see my face. I'm pale, skinny, have thinning hair and bags under my eyes from crappy sleep. I've Got this crack/methhead look going on when clean shaven. Having a small beard gives my face some color and definition to it.

It was a joke. A play off of things like sexism and racism, intolerate things driven by a dislike of something (in this case beards), and acting as if hating a beard is such a bad thing (it's not, that was the joke). Sorry, I've got a stupid sense of humor.

You guys are right though. It does seem like it's a fashion statement or something. I remember way back in the day when I started college (holy **** that was 10 years ago) I would be one of the few guys on campus (30,000 kids) with facial hair. Like Kento, I like being different. Can't go back to shaving though, because I'm really not a fan of this crackhead look I got goin on without a beard.

And to try and get this thread back on topic, congrats on the records Varly. Didn't realize some of those until they were talking about them the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad