GDT: Game 40: 12/28/17 Toronto Matthews @ Arizona Coyotes - 7pm - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Bold move to pull the goalie this early given our lack of success in odd man situations. 10/10 move Tocchet.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I predict a meaningless last minute Stepan goal with a huge smile on his stupid face.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Earliest I've ever left a hockey game, gladly missing an entire period. I can't listen to a half hour of "go Leafs go" in our arena. f*** this sorry team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL sucked tonight. Stepan just sucks. I spent most of the night doing the math on whether I could simply abandon the Coyotes and become a Leafs fan. I want to turn heel and choke slam Alex Goligoski and rip off my Yotes jersey to reveal a Leafs one underneath. Just when Brad Richardson comes running into the ring to confront me, Auston Matthews nails him in the back with a chair and he and I, along with Marner proceed to chug and spray cheap domestic cans of beer and slap high fives and gloat.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
.. Holy shit am I glad I decided to go out at the last minute instead of watch this.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
OEL sucked tonight. Stepan just sucks. I spent most of the night doing the math on whether I could simply abandon the Coyotes and become a Leafs fan. I want to turn heel and choke slam Alex Goligoski and rip off my Yotes jersey to reveal a Leafs one underneath. Just when Brad Richardson comes running into the ring to confront me, Auston Matthews nails him in the back with a chair and he and I, along with Marner proceed to chug and spray cheap domestic cans of beer and slap high fives and gloat.
Lol, better than watching the game.
Are we Golden Knights fans now?

Also, I like Martinook taking a little s*** on the team in that post-gamer
We should be. What did Martinook say?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Silver lining... first period goal for chick fil a. Plus my entire section won Papa Johns, bizarrely, for the second time this month.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I felt like the team had shifted momentum back on their side after the wheels almost coming off when it was 3-0 but then Domi took that stupid roughing penalty and that was pretty much it for the night.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Are we Golden Knights fans now?

Also, I like Martinook taking a little s*** on the team in that post-gamer

I liked hearing what Martinook had to say. None of it was false, and you could hear the emotion in his response. The NHL is still a skill game, but it is the mental part that really separates the elite teams for the non-elite. We are not a mentally tough team right now. We have winners all throughout hockey lives, but not mentally tough. Maybe this is where having veteran presence comes into play.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I liked hearing what Martinook had to say. None of it was false, and you could hear the emotion in his response. The NHL is still a skill game, but it is the mental part that really separates the elite teams for the non-elite. We are not a mentally tough team right now. We have winners all throughout hockey lives, but not mentally tough. Maybe this is where having veteran presence comes into play.

Our vets are the ones that are not "mentally tough". It started from the first game of the year.

Reactions: SniperHF

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This was unrested team against rested team. The rested team will normally win that. I wonder if someone got any statistics on it, but I really believe it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad