Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 -> SWEEP or Comeback to win it in 7?

Sweep or Not?

• Panthers Sweep the Leafs

Votes: 113 54.3%
  • Nope not a sweep

Votes: 95 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
im sure you would love it if a leaf fan came on to your board, when you are trailing 3 games to nothing to post garbage
You're taking it way to seriously dude. I'm just enjoying the fanaticism. It happens every year to every team. Just roll with it.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
You're taking it way to seriously dude. I'm just enjoying the fanaticism. It happens every year to every team. Just roll with it.
I mean I bet you would report my post instantly if I went over to the sens board, so you telling me to roll with it is almost as comical as your weak post on this board, but you do, you!

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Unfortunately, Leafs will win this one handily and actually, for the first time, show very well and look hungry (like the first 6 minutes of game 2). This will very likely not only delay the inevitable but will save enough face for the infamous run it back x8.

If there's one thing I've learned about this team it's the opposite of expectation will happen.

Luckily for us Pittsburgh might bail us out and pick up the dubas Keefe combo because I guess their Boston based owners want Crosby to not win another cup dude is gonna love playing with holl

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Man..I feel so bad for so many of you holding out hope. Watching a guy like Steve dangle breakdown literally pissed me off. Straight up, this organization does not deserve the large contingent of incredibly loyal and dedicated fans. I certainly have no faith in this core group, just waiting for it to be over at this

If someone is having a mental breakdown over the Leafs, it's probably time for some therapy. I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but I've watched a few of his videos and he just looks like he needs some balance. JMO

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Find a way to win tomorrow, just one game, and the path becomes just a little less treacherous.

Then win back in Toronto and Florida starts feeling nervous. Get it to Game 6 and it's a series again.

Anything can happen in Game 7 on home ice.

Sure it's highly unlikely--especially for this group that has turned snatching defeat from the jaws of victory into an artform--but it's not impossible. And I'll be cheering for the improbable comeback.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You mean like how Ovechkin, Forsberg and countless other Europeans went when their teams were eliminated early?

They'll need to score 3-4 goals (or more) multiple times to win this series. I think they'll do it tomorrow. Hard for me to be confident beyond that.
Sure. After all these years in the NHL it’s still their Stanley Cup.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
2% According to history. So, we can all hope.

You are going to want better than 50-1 odds if you lay a dollar on such an occurence. I bet the betting sites have it at +2500 or something absurd.

A fool and his money are soon parted...
Moneypuck has us at 8.5% to win the series, pretty sure it was 8.4% yesterday, does Woll being announced as the starter swing the odds a bit according to their model? Or perhaps it has something to do with Holl? ;)

2% according to history sure, but most of those are probably a really good team playing a really bad team. There's a ton of parity in the league in the cap era but back in the day, there were a lot more mismatches and a lot more sweeps. I wonder what the numbers are for when the team that was favored going in is down 3-0, I can guarantee you that it's better than 2%, make that a LOT better.

I can see 8.5% like moneypuck says being in the ballpark. If we assume each game is a tossup, the odds of winning 4 in a row are 6.25. Going in the Leafs were considered to be the better team so 8.5% makes some sense. Having said that, it's hard to think of the Leafs as the better team after the way they just gave it to them in game 3 but still, if someone offered me 25-1, I'd take it instantly despite how disgusted I am with this team ATM.

BTW, you're way off as far as what the betting sites are offering. Prop bets like this are always huge ripoffs, and I do mean always. Your post made me curious so I checked one site - bet365 will pay you not +2500 but +600.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Can't win four games on Wednesday. They just have to bring their best and win that one game.

I think they can... win a game... the rest, we will see.

Would be quite the story; but to the writers, if the script calls for a game 7 loss, scrap that and end it Wednesday please.
Yeah, if they come back to force a Game 7 and lose that one, man I just know...that would be just excruciating, so I'm half expecting it.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Moneypuck has us at 8.5% to win the series, pretty sure it was 8.4% yesterday, does Woll being announced as the starter swing the odds a bit according to their model? Or perhaps it has something to do with Holl? ;)

2% according to history sure, but most of those are probably a really good team playing a really bad team. There's a ton of parity in the league in the cap era but back in the day, there were a lot more mismatches and a lot more sweeps. I wonder what the numbers are for when the team that was favored going in is down 3-0, I can guarantee you that it's better than 2%, make that a LOT better.

I can see 8.5% like moneypuck says being in the ballpark. If we assume each game is a tossup, the odds of winning 4 in a row are 6.25. Going in the Leafs were considered to be the better team so 8.5% makes some sense. Having said that, it's hard to think of the Leafs as the better team after the way they just gave it to them in game 3 but still, if someone offered me 25-1, I'd take it instantly despite how disgusted I am with this team ATM.

BTW, you're way off as far as what the betting sites are offering. Prop bets like this are always huge ripoffs, and I do mean always. Your post made me curious so I checked one site - bet365 will pay you not +2500 but +600.
+600 to.win four games in a row against the same team that beat you three straight and where two of the games would be on the road? Furthermore where only four teams in history have done so in nearly 200 tries?. LOL. I need to start my own betting site...

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
If someone is having a mental breakdown over the Leafs, it's probably time for some therapy. I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but I've watched a few of his videos and he just looks like he needs some balance. JMO
First World problems.

I know I wont ever see a Cup in Toronto in my lifetime, I am resigned to this fact. In time, the younger generarion will grasp this reality too and hopefully move on.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Lifetime true blue fan age 67 here. Wore my Leaf sweater to bed as a six year old, just like Tavares.

I’ll be watching Wednesday, how could I abandon the only sports team I truly love?

But it will be a heartfelt goodbye for me, this edition has brought me out of my seat more than even the early 90s, even the 70s Salming/Sittler versions. So much talent, so much magic.

I know it will be torn apart, it has to be, this will be my private goodbye

Reactions: Nineteen67

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
+600 to.win four games in a row against the same team that beat you three straight and where two of the games would be on the road? Furthermore where only four teams in history have done so in nearly 200 tries?. LOL. I need to start my own betting site...
Start your own betting site or your own religion, not sure which would be more profitable but either one works nicely.
First World problems.

I know I wont ever see a Cup in Toronto in my lifetime, I am resigned to this fact. In time, the younger generarion will grasp this reality too and hopefully move on.
This thought has crossed my mind lately as well - if this core can't get it done, the odds of it happening during my lifetime aren't great. Oh well, on the bright side the older I get, the less important winning the cup is to me in the grand scheme of things. Still sucks though.

Now that I think of it, I haven't even seen this team make it to the finals and could well be that I don't even get to see that. What a truly pathetic 50+ years it's been for this franchise.

Lifetime true blue fan age 67 here. Wore my Leaf sweater to bed as a six year old, just like Tavares.

I’ll be watching Wednesday, how could I abandon the only sports team I truly love?

But it will be a heartfelt goodbye for me, this edition has brought me out of my seat more than even the early 90s, even the 70s Salming/Sittler versions. So much talent, so much magic.

I know it will be torn apart, it has to be, this will be my private goodbye
If you truly love the team, why would this be goodbye? As the saying goes, there's always next year.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Start your own betting site or your own religion, not sure which would be more profitable but either one works nicely.

This thought has crossed my mind lately as well - if this core can't get it done, the odds of it happening during my lifetime aren't great. Oh well, on the bright side the older I get, the less important winning the cup is to me in the grand scheme of things. Still sucks though.

Now that I think of it, I haven't even seen this team make it to the finals and could well be that I don't even get to see that. What a truly pathetic 50+ years it's been for this franchise.

If you truly love the team, why would this be goodbye? As the saying goes, there's always next year.
There besf chance was pre-cap when Scotty Bowman offered to GM and coach the team, his one condition was that he wanted autonomy from the owners and of course.the fools who know little about hockey couldn't allow that.

That was almost.20 years ago. They print money anyways so why should they care? They seemed to have given Dubas a long leash.. If he truly had such faith in these guys he was sorely mistaken.

Marners attitude alone for years has always been in the forefront of my mind even when he has a great run going. He just isn't a guy I want in the trenches when the chips are down, it's that simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad