GDT: Game #4 Sharks at Devils 4:00pm PDT 10/16/15 CSN - KFox

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
huh, i never really considered that it might have literally been fatigue. the way tmac played his D, gas never really seemed an issue

When Scott Hannan is playing a few minutes above or below the 2nd pairing (depending on the night), you won't see much fatigue.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I really do hope DeBoer starts managing the D minutes better because one of the luxuries of having both Martin and Vlasic on separate pairs is being able to split the minutes. Vlasic and Braun should be playing 2-3 more minutes a night.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
what did you all think of martin out there during OT? I wasn't a fan, esp after he was struggling in the 3rd.

then again who else would it be? vlasic?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I really do hope DeBoer starts managing the D minutes better because one of the luxuries of having both Martin and Vlasic on separate pairs is being able to split the minutes. Vlasic and Braun should be playing 2-3 more minutes a night.

It is one game. The previous 3 games vlasic and braun played over 20 minutes and martin under 20 minutes. Burns at 25 minutes.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
It's early in the season so there's not a good basis for how the minutes will be split yet, but I'm hoping through the season it'll be more evenly spread between the top 4. Today's minutes for sure is weird though. Vlasic only played two shifts less than Martin too, so I guess Martin's shifts were way longer.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
but 30 min for martin just seems unnecessary when you have a defensive #1 D hanging out to play with burns as well.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This was the worst game of the season so far for the Sharks but they still were able to pull out the win. The Penalty Kill is amazing right now and Jones continues to impress. Sometimes your best game isn't there and for the Sharks to hold on and win in a Shootout is impressive. On to the next game and the Isles. I like seeing the Sharks play these east coast teams. It only happens once a season so enjoy it while it lasts.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Fire Deboer. We almost lost and Martin Jones didn't get 3 straight shutouts.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Some just need to realize that DeBoer will ride his top 4. TMac hardly did.

The problem is Deboer's aggressive system requires a lot of skating and energy so I hope he doesn't ride them too hard. If he expects them to consistently play his system, he needs to roll the lines and keep them fresh, especially against the weaker teams. He's kept the forward's minutes down for the most part and this was the first game where he rode 1 pairing really hard so it might just be an anomaly.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Wouldn't the large ice times be due to 14 minutes of PK? Don't think that's gonna be the norm.

I didn't actually watch the game, but I imagine this would have upped the times.

Without watching, it seems like Sharks were just giving away way too many penalties that kept the Devils in it.

There'll be down games, but if we still come away with the win it isn't so bad.

How'd Goldobin go tonight? How about Hertl centering the second line?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
For Martin especially.

Except three of the four penalties in the 3rd period were by Braun, Vlasic, and Dillon. Probably why Martin was there so much.
Martin only had 2 more PK minutes than Vlasic; still played ~8 more ES minutes than Vlasic.

I didn't watch all of the game, but I'm guessing with only 2 more shifts, he either got hemmed in in d-zone, or Burns was beast in the o-zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad