Pre-Game Talk: Game 4, SENS in NY, Thursday 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
insert Neil.

This is what we employ him for... they want to play rough, insert Neil and Boro and let's smack them around.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
insert Neil.

This is what we employ him for... they want to play rough, insert Neil and Boro and let's smack them around.

c'mon man. Neil hasnt played in about half a year and when he was playing it was just to get him to 1000 games. Its not ever going to happen.I heard someone bring this up on the post game show last night

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa has not led a single minute of this series, and we are up 2-1. I expect us to play well. EK looks slower the usual, Anderson always gets wiggy in the playoffs and feels the pressure, after a game at MSG he should settle down.

Game of the year. It'll be interesting. Ottawa got destroyed in game 3. I expect us to be better, but the Rangers are big, fast and scary.

Their weakness I still say is Lunqvist, and that'll show itself. When it does, we need to win those games or we won't win the series. We can't have them win games were Lunqvist let's in bad goals.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Assuming injuries are important enough to affect the lineup, Pyatt in for Smith and possibly White in for Bobby? We can't stick two grinders in and I have zero faith in Neil being able to give us anything useful. Get a guy who can battle along the boards but also make skill plays like White a shot. See what he can do.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
What are the chances the league lets the Sens do this to Anderson so he stays in his damn net?

mightyducks3-1_display_image.jpg

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Sens gotta insert whoever will match the Rangers speed, desperation and nastiness. Pyatt is an automatic. White in at C if Smith cant go? Would he be too wide eyed though? Ready to jump on the treadmill at Level 9?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Sens gotta insert whoever will match the Rangers speed, desperation and nastiness. Pyatt is an automatic. White in at C if Smith cant go? Would he be too wide eyed though? Ready to jump on the treadmill at Level 9?

Definitely the big question – but if not him, who? I'd argue he's our best bet... not to mention that it's not like Silfverberg and Stone didn't fit right in when they were rookies. I'd give him a shot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boro and Neil are not the answer... Pyatt will be in the next game for sure.

Hoping Smith and Ryan can play.

The team has to respond .. they have to be willing to pay the price and they have to be willing to be in physical battles and win them.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Ottawa has not led a single minute of this series, and we are up 2-1. I expect us to play well. EK looks slower the usual, Anderson always gets wiggy in the playoffs and feels the pressure, after a game at MSG he should settle down.

Game of the year. It'll be interesting. Ottawa got destroyed in game 3. I expect us to be better, but the Rangers are big, fast and scary.

Their weakness I still say is Lunqvist, and that'll show itself. When it does, we need to win those games or we won't win the series. We can't have them win games were Lunqvist let's in bad goals.

Fake news :sarcasm:. We led for the last 4 minutes of game 1

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Smith has not done much the last few games...and if he can't go I'd be comfortable putting Mr. White in. He has a penchant for speed and big goals.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Regardless of Ryan and Smith's status, Pyatt has to come in and I think it is time to drop White into the lineup.

Last night's game showed a bit of malaise from the team and a hungry young kid like White might raise the bar in passion a bit. He's had close to a month of exposure to the system. Let's get him in there.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Pyatt in for sure. He can adequately replace Smith who really hasn't done much lately anyways. If Bobby can't go and they put in Kelly then :shakehead . At some point you think they've got to try White...you know, someone that can play more than 5 mins a game and might actually add a scoring option.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Have the Sens called up the Black Aces yet? I haven't seen any mention of them. I'm not at all calling for any of them to play, but I was just curious if guys like Varone, Bailey and Paul were available.

Pyatt would be the obvious one to go in for Smith, but if anyone else is banged up and can't go for game 4, then I would love to see White get in. Kelly and Neil can't keep up in the NHL regular season, and the Rangers are a fast team playing playoff speed hockey right now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Have the Sens called up the Black Aces yet? I haven't seen any mention of them. I'm not at all calling for any of them to play, but I was just curious if guys like Varone, Bailey and Paul were available.

Pyatt would be the obvious one to go in for Smith, but if anyone else is banged up and can't go for game 4, then I would love to see White get in. Kelly and Neil can't keep up in the NHL regular season, and the Rangers are a fast team playing playoff speed hockey right now.

I'd like to see White play , I think many of us would... Thing is ... If he has not gained Boucher's trust ... he'll get stapled to the bench in a tight game. Pyatt is in ,, just depends on who is out. If 2 players can't go... I would imagine Kelly comes in as well. I don't think its a good idea to go 11-7 in case a forward goes down.. which seems to be happening pretty regularly. If Smith and Ryan can play , Pyatt in for Dzingel imo.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Fake news :sarcasm:. We led for the last 4 minutes of game 1

This is true. I'll take a coffee.

Ottawa's needs to play with the lead, they've been chasing play way to much all series and it's starting to show.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
We need some physicality, boy did they look timid last night. Was it ever frustrating watching nobody finish their checks too. The Rangers D was making outlet pass after outlet pass and nobody except Pageau and Wingels were finishing their checks. I like Bobby Ryan but with his size, he needs to finish his checks in the playoffs. I'd absolutely throw Neil in, he can give us 7 minutes of icetime without looking out of place.

If the Rangers come out hitting like they did last night (and why wouldn't they) it's just gonna be a repeat tomorrow. Borowiecki would help but I get the feeling he's far from healthy. His injury looked quite bad at the time, surprised he hasn't been shut down. Would be nice if Harpur played more physical or used his size but that's never really been his game.

I'm expecting White and Pyatt in, not going to complain, just win baby!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Do the Jacques Lemaire move and get your small players to fall on Lunqvist, big players always take penalties if they bump a goalie, eh always had Gionta and Gomez falling on the goalies so the refs wouldn;t give penalties. Get Hoff and JG to just crash into Lunqvist and let's go, he basically won that game last night by showing up. He didn't even break a sweat.

phillyknuckles

Jun 17, 2006
Philadelphia
As much as I'd like to see Neil come in and throw some bodies around, he just can't keep up. He can't keep up with a slow team, let alone a team with speed like the Rangers. I say bring in White. Maybe that youthful energy will catch lightning in a bottle like it has for several other teams this season. Just get this game done and head back home up 3-1. Oh, and put a shock collar on Andy so he can get a shock from the bench when he leaves the crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad