GDT: Game 4: Phoenix Coyotes @ Bay Area Chokers |1-25-13| 8:30 PM

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

And now, the greatest moments in Bay Area choking history

Might as well just let the Coyotes take over the spot as a WCF Finalist. It's not like the SAN JOSE SHARKS are going to the finals anytime soon. :snide:

extralarge.png
[size=+2]@[/size]
extralarge.png

PHOENIX COYOTES (1-2-0) vs SAN JOSE SHARKS(2-0-0)

Game 4 at the HP Cannery in San Jose, California

arena_front.jpg
7820810JWA2729.jpg

TV Coverage (FS Arizona)
Radio Coverage(XTRA SPORTS 910AM)

Coyotes tore apart the Sharks last season 4-2

NOTE: All lines are subject to change.

3484929880_08cfe3dd25.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Marleau​
|
Thorton(C)
|
Pavelski​
Galidari​
|
Handzus​
|
Wingels​
Sheperd​
|
Dejardanus​
|
Burish​
Clowe​
|
Couture​
|
Havlat​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Vlasic​
|
Stuart​
Irwin B][/B]​
|
Boyle​
Murray​
|
Braun​

Goalie​
Niemi​

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Mikkel Boedker​
|
Antonie Vermette​
|
Shane Doan (C)
Steve Sullivan​
|
Martin Hanzal(A)
|
Radim Vrbata​
Lauri Korpikoski​
|
Matt Lombardi​
|
David Moss​
Alexandre Bolduc​
|
Boyd Gordon​
|
Kyle Chipchura​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Oliver Ekman-Larsson​
|
Zbynek Michalek​
Keith Yandle (A)
|
Derek Morris​
Rostislav Kiesla​
|
David Schlemco​

Goalie​
LOL​

And now for the most epic chokes in Bay Area Sports hisotry.

TODAYS GAME DAY THREAD IS:
post_50fed2c0518a05.08625298.jpg

The Baltimore Ravens Approved! Beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl!

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Good job AP.

This is the game I have been looking most forward to seeing so far this season. It was nice seeing the Coyotes return to playing like they did last season in the game last night.

I think we will probably see another high scoring game on both sides. Labarbara might give up a few weak goals and the team might be a little slow after playing last night but we have seen that the Coyotes can beat the Sharks and both teams are about 90% identical from last year.

Besides watching every Coyotes game I've also watched both Sharks games so far. The three to watch out for will be Brad Stuart, Patrick Marleau, and Logan Couture.

acid

Jan 17, 2013
not only did phoenix beat them 4 games to 2 if i remember correctly 3 of those were shutouts.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
HAHA, I love it! I support this GDT. Some guy last night was wearing a 49ers jersey at the game, and everyone around me looked like I was stupid by yelling "GO RAVENS!!".

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Thanks!

Another back to back game on such short notice. One where Smith may not be available for. These next 2 games are important seeing they are against teams in the division. Talk about intense.

ItWasTheCat

Jan 26, 2011
Apologies for hijacking your thread for my personal gain. Is Hanzal confirmed? I can't find any info on him other than missing practice on Tuesday, skating Wednesday morning, then being a scratch for last night's game after all.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I cannot approve of this GDT because the FORTY NINERS ARE GOING TO KICK RAVEN ASS!!!!

But..... I got a good laugh. Nice work AP. :thumbu:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Updates from twitter......

LaBarbara back in goal tonight.

Chad Johnson (G) was called up on emergency.

Rundblad was also called up.

Klesla was moved to IR (lower body).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I hope they put Rundblad in the actual game, if possible. Let Stone or Schlemko be bench warmers. Hell, Summers is built for that.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
What? I thought Stone looked great last night, even if he was a -1. Whatever, we're fortunate to have this problem of which young Dman to play.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What? I thought Stone looked great last night, even if he was a -1. Whatever, we're fortunate to have this problem of which young Dman to play.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Stone was fine. It's just that he doesn't really need playing time at this point. He can play every other game. Rundblad needs to rack up the minutes. I'd prefer if he were doing it with the big club, with lots of great coaching and video sessions. I have zero faith in Ray Edward's ability to develop guys.

azsharkfan

May 2, 2006
Wow...is it dis-like of the Bay Area!!

Let's see:
-Cardinals: 1 Super Bowl = 1 loss
-Suns: 1 NBA Championship Series = 1 loss
-DBuck$: 1 World Series Appearance = 1 win (still in debt today from it)
-Coyotes: 1 trip to the WCF = loss

If you want to call the Sharks playoff chokers, be my guest. But coming from Phoenix fans, it's kind of laughable.

I see this as a high energy game tonight. Few penalties and more from the bottom two lines from both sides. SJ pp has looked great in the first two games. Having played last night with travel, Coyotes better be ahead going into the 3rd.

San Jose wins 4-3.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!

Let's see:

If you want to call the Sharks playoff chokers, be my guest. But coming from Phoenix fans, it's kind of laughable.

I see this as a high energy game tonight. Few penalties and more from the bottom two lines from both sides. SJ pp has looked great in the first two games. Having played last night with travel, Coyotes better be ahead going into the 3rd.

San Jose wins 4-3.
Ummm...bitter much? LOL. It's all in fun buddy

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Let's see:

San Jose wins 4-3.

Except in all of the cases you sighted, none of those teams who went deep in the playoff runs had high expectations. It's only choking if a team with high expectations falls short, like the teams I have sighted.

azsharkfan

May 2, 2006
Ummm...bitter much? LOL. It's all in fun buddy

Not bitter at all! :)

Wondering if it isn't AP that might be bitter?

Giants have won WS 2 of last 3 years. 49ers have been to the Super Bowl 5 times and won them all. Oh, and we do have the Golden State Warriors, who in 1975 won the NBA Championship!! :) San Jose also has the SaberCats who have won many AFL Championships and the Earthquakes who have won a few MLS Cups!

I wish the Sharks and Coyotes had a stronger rivalry. At least we can attend games here in Phoenix and not get hassled. Not the case near Disneyland!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Let's see:

It's like...a joke?

Have you SEEN sharks GDT's, this is tame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad