GDT: Game 4: Hurricanes @ Devils | 7:00 p.m. on ESPN

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
He's had season tickets since the team moved to Raleigh. And watches nearly every home game twice, once in the arena and then he replays the broadcast at home.

Absolutely not just doing it for show. He's a true hardcore.

Damn, thats intense. Who has time for that.

…Says the the guy who spends like 4 hours a day on NHL 23…

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I wonder how much of Turbo’s struggles were due to injury problems? He didn’t seem like himself for most of the year.
He’s been labeled throughout his career as a guy who doesn’t take his off-season training very seriously, preferring to play golf and tennis at his leisure. The older he gets it’s just going to get worse, I’m sure.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I may be reading too much into this but I don't like it that there is already a start time for Game 6 on Saturday in NJ and game 5 hasn't even been played yet. It's like the NHL is expecting/wanting us to lose game 5.

Usually a start time for a game 6 when a team is up 3-1 in the series is AFTER the game 5 is played and the team up in the series loses to force the game 6.

This will all be for naught if the hurricanes win game 5. Hopefully they can pull it off this time around and not blow it like they did vs the Islanders (Islanders won game 5).

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I may be reading too much into this but I don't like it that there is already a start time for Game 6 on Saturday in NJ and game 5 hasn't even been played yet. It's like the NHL is expecting/wanting us to lose game 5.

Usually a start time for a game 6 when a team is up 3-1 in the series is AFTER the game 5 is played and the team up in the series loses to force the game 6.

This will all be for naught if the hurricanes win game 5. Hopefully they can pull it off this time around and not blow it like they did vs the Islanders (Islanders won game 5).
Don't they just need the 7pm Saturday game so they chose the one guaranteed to happen? Ours can be dropped off the schedule with no consequence to any broadcast.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Gifed Meier celebrating the non-goal that Freddie saved. LOL

giphy.gif

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
the real question is why isn't he a part of hf26 community
My guess was Borsig. :) It would be amazing.

Big celebration for a goal that would have made it 6-2…. Dipstick.
Exactly this. I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but this is a real idiotic move. He didn't see the goal go in, and he celebrated, and even still, his team was basically guaranteed to lose the game. I've never seen a Canes player celebrate garbage goals like this unless it was a rookie playing his first game, like Damian Surma in 2003 or 2004. The same thing happened in game 2 when Miles Wood gave his team a massive goal to make it 4-1 in a 6-1 eventual loss. What kind of moron celebrates a goal when their team is getting destroyed?

Again, I'm sure I am reading too much here, but this is a mark of a mentally fragile team. A team that's happy to be here. Jordan Staal scores a shorty and is almost disappointed because he knows the Canes are too far back to mount a comeback and the game is lost. Wood and Meier score/not score and it's like they won it in overtime.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
My guess was Borsig. :) It would be amazing.

Exactly this. I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but this is a real idiotic move. He didn't see the goal go in, and he celebrated, and even still, his team was basically guaranteed to lose the game. I've never seen a Canes player celebrate garbage goals like this unless it was a rookie playing his first game, like Damian Surma in 2003 or 2004. The same thing happened in game 2 when Miles Wood gave his team a massive goal to make it 4-1 in a 6-1 eventual loss. What kind of moron celebrates a goal when their team is getting destroyed?

Again, I'm sure I am reading too much here, but this is a mark of a mentally fragile team. A team that's happy to be here. Jordan Staal scores a shorty and is almost disappointed because he knows the Canes are too far back to mount a comeback and the game is lost. Wood and Meier score/not score and it's like they won it in overtime.
I expect celebration from a player who has had a massive monkey on his back for a while, pretty much with any scoreboard.

In a playoffs game, you gotta celebrate any iffy thing to try and get the call on ice go your way. If something silly happens and it gets inconclusive, you benefit.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I expect celebration from a player who has had a massive monkey on his back for a while, pretty much with any scoreboard.

In a playoffs game, you gotta celebrate any iffy thing to try and get the call on ice go your way. If something silly happens and it gets inconclusive, you benefit.
Incorrect. All goals should be celebrated thusly.

Viktor-rask GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Victor Rask Ok Sticker by Minnesota Wild for iOS & Android ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad