GDT: Game 4 Flames (2-1-0) @ Blues (0-1-1) 6:00 pm MT (Sportsnet Flames/ Fan960)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hmmm... dirty hit on another player... 20 games
Beat your wife where the police and courts get involved ... 18 games.

Something's not right.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yes, but who picked the arbitrator? Donald Trump?
It is a sad comment on society when the suspension is cut in half.

Also one could argue that the arbitrator didn't do his job..
It's a legal matter. If you're suggesting that the arbitrator should be concerned about the comment on society that his ruling represents, I'm not sure you're familiar with what his job actually is.

Just like in the Wideman case, the arbitrator doesn't get to make a ruling and override the league. What he's ruling on is whether the league broke its own rules per the CBA.

I would say society would be in even more trouble if we didn't have standards for punishment as well as behaviour.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You take the good, you take the bad and there you have the facts of playing with Mike Smith.

Put Rittich in

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It's a legal matter. If you're suggesting that the arbitrator should be concerned about the comment on society that his ruling represents, I'm not sure you're familiar with what his job actually is.

Just like in the Wideman case, the arbitrator doesn't get to make a ruling and override the league. What he's ruling on is whether the league broke its own rules per the CBA.

I would say society would be in even more trouble if we didn't have standards for punishment as well as behaviour.
Sorry I didn't realize that there was a clause in the CBA about the maximum number of games that a player can be suspended for beating their wife. 18 it is then.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bennett, Dube and Ryan are only Flames forwards that showed up. Although Benny's got to score that

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hmmm... dirty hit on another player... 20 games
Beat your wife where the police and courts get involved ... 18 games.

Something's not right.

Beat your wife? He forcibly restrained a drunken woman against his car. Still not cool but really it's only domestic abuse by the strictest definition.

Christ the Flames always take a bunch of stupid pills every time they play in St Louis. That's not a puck Smith should be going after. LOL that graphic on Smith after shutouts.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Sorry I didn't realize that there was a clause in the CBA about the maximum number of games that a player can be suspended for beating their wife. 18 it is then.
1) Wasn't his wife (semantics)
2) CBA doesn't have a set number, hence the problem leading to arbitration in the first place.
3) He's been tried and convicted by a court of law. The NHL is not law but an organization that allows employment.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, St. Louis is definitely one of our bugaboo teams, ever since Kipper left. Kipper used to have their number IIRC.

Reactions: Janks

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I really wonder if Tkachuk's lower body injury is still lingering. He's been bad at ES through all of our games so far

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
1) Wasn't his wife (semantics)
2) CBA doesn't have a set number, hence the problem leading to arbitration in the first place.
3) He's been tried and convicted by a court of law. The NHL is not law but an organization that allows employment.
1) Ok.. girlfriend. I'm sure they are living together, the same as a husband and wife do.
3)Well why is he being suspended at all then? ...He's been tried and convicted in a court of law. Punishment (3 months probation) for the assault has been meted out by the courts and is being served by the defendant.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I feel like we're still in this. Last year I would've counted us out at 2-1

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If they can get one before the end of the second, they're definitely still in this

Valimaki/Andersson haven't had the best of games but it's nice to see them still getting ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad