GDT: GAME 4 ECQF | RANGERS vs. PENGUINS | Mon, May 9th 7:00PM EST | Not To Yield

Which group will be responsible for more goals?

• GCR line (for)

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Matheson -Letang (against)

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Ok folks this is going up early, got an early day at work tomorrow. Going ALL IN on the cheese on this one. Music, Tennyson poem, it’s all happening.

New York Rangers (52-24-6, second in the Metropolitan Division)
vs.
Pittsburgh Penguins (46-25-11, third in the Metropolitan Division)

Pittsburgh; Monday, 7 p.m. EDT

TV: ESPN, CBC, TVAS, SN, ATTSN-PT, MSG

LINE: Rangers -116, Penguins -104; over/under is 6

NHL PLAYOFFS FIRST ROUND: Penguins lead series 2-1

1652055867798.png

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Heinen - Malkin - Kapanen
Zucker - Carter - McGinn
Boyle - Blueger - Rodrigues

Matheson - Letang:help:
Pettersson - Marino
Friedman - Ruhwedel

Domingue - D'Orio

louis_xiv.jpg

1652055954712.png

Kreider - Zibanejab - Vatrano

Panarin - Strome - Copp
Lafrenier - Chytil - Kakko
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Miller - Trouba
Braun - Fox
Nemeth - Schneider

Lazarus - Georgiev

tumblr_o5dg1zrIa71uua2jvo1_400.gif

That’s it. So, I don’t think it’s any secret this could be the last run for this core. It’s been a great 16 years, hasn’t it? Incredible highs, ridiculous lows, 4 GMs, 5 coaches, cancer, mumps, strokes, career threatening concussions and surgeries, and 3 Stanley Cups. Hockey is a game, but what a display of character (and lack of it) and human performance, good and bad, under pressure. As fans we get many great and painful moments to remember with family. It’s a great game, and it’s been a great series. We even got to see someone get resurrected from the dead in game 2, how many fans can say that?

My 3 keys to the game:
  1. Stay disciplined for 60 minutes. We’ll never trap, but we don’t need to run and gun all the time. The Rangers have no answer for us when we manage the puck. Sully is right.
  2. Kapanen. Some men aren’t built for the gentlemanly indifference of the regular season. I feel like this is his moment.
  3. King Louis. We make a folk hero fast, don’t we? Keep your head Louis, we need you to be solid for a few more games.

Let’s get game 4.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Shesterkin getting pulled was shades of Lundqvist in the past. Hopefully they can come out and absolutely hang it on the Rags tomorrow. If they win tomorrow, I cannot see such a young team in the Rangers being able to battle back.

We really need our secondary scorers to come alive. ERod and Heinen have looked great. McGinn has been awesome. We need Zucker and Kapanen to do what they are capable of.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Shesterkin getting pulled was shades of Lundqvist in the past. Hopefully they can come out and absolutely hang it on the Rags tomorrow. If they win tomorrow, I cannot see such a young team in the Rangers being able to battle back.

We really need our secondary scorers to come alive. ERod and Heinen have looked great. McGinn has been awesome. We need Zucker and Kapanen to do what they are capable of.
Some people are saying Shesterkin will be a stone wall in game 4. My gut feel says no and that we might chase him again.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pens win but another high scoring game because the Pens can't play D to save their lives. Even I can play better D then they can and I am the only Canadian in the world that doesn't know how to ice skate.

Just play some D and no more of that 2nd period garbage we saw.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
If the Pens go up 3-1, I don't see them losing this series. This is a huge game. I would especially love to see them rattle Shesterkin early again. That might be too much to ask, but the Pens need to get Shesterkin off his game if they're going to have any chance of surviving this series with an AHL goalie in net...with all due respect to King Louis.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
I hope the crowd gives hell to Shesterkin from even before the first puck drops. Get in his head.

Hopefully this is where the Pens experience kicks in and they have the killer instinct to get the win.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
If the Pens go up 3-1, I don't see them losing this series. This is a huge game. I would especially love to see them rattle Shesterkin early again. That might be too much to ask, but the Pens need to get Shesterkin off his game if they're going to have any chance of surviving this series with an AHL goalie in net...with all due respect to King Louis.
Yeah I thought it was over last time the Pens went up 3-1 against the Rags too.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I think my favorite thing about this series is the undeserved sense of elitism that just oozes from all things Rangers fans ... I mean, they haven't been playoff relevant in what, like a decade? Pipe down sparky. Until you actually win something. Like a playoff round.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I hope the crowd gives hell to Shesterkin from even before the first puck drops. Get in his head.

Hopefully this is where the Pens experience kicks in and they have the killer instinct to get the win.
Best part about it is when we go back to the garden Rags fans can't really chant about Louis cause no one knows who he is...

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i like how kreider is like BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR while the msg crowd crosby sucks nonstop lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

yep and unfortunately Domingue, despite a great story, is not really a good goalie lol…we’re going to need to score 4 or 5 goals again…

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Domingue struggles side to side.

The pens keep giving up that shot in the slot (between the faceoff dots) and luckily he's made himself big by being square to the shooter. My worry is the Rangers take an extra second to pass cross ice in this situation. Dominque would struggle here.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No Rakell tonight.

yep, doesn’t look like he’s ready…probably give him one more game, but the fact that he’s out there means no concussion symptoms, which is great

Domingue struggles side to side.

The pens keep giving up that shot in the slot (between the faceoff dots) and luckily he's made himself big by being square to the shooter. My worry is the Rangers take an extra second to pass cross ice in this situation. Dominque would struggle here.

it’s really noticeable that he doesn’t have the athleticism necessary to be a NHL goalie…with the way the Pens play, the goalie can often be exposed…we’re on borrowed time…need to steal one tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad