GDT: Game 4: Eaaaaaagle! | Predators at Hawks | Oct. 18, 2014 | 7:30 CT | WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Well that's kind of amazing.

NHL Public Relations @PR_NHL · 8h 8 hours ago
Jonathan Toews' shorthanded OT goal was the 1st in @NHLBlackhawks history (regular season). #NSHvsCHI (@EliasSports)

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Where's fiddy to complain about Toews's contract?
If Jonny hadn't got to that juicy rebound, he'd (HF50) have gone ballistic. But he did and hopefully the monkey is off Toew's back when it comes to burying his chances.

Thankfully the schedule has been friendly which has allowed this team to look good on paper. They will need to elevate their game, starting against Philly.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I love rooting for a team that can have the best point percentage in the division, the best shot differential in the league, and still leave people with a nagging feeling that they aren't playing well.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Hawks have dominated their last two opponents in game play. I'm not concerned in the least bit.

Maybe I don't pay attention well but when did they remove the "Welcome to the Madhouse" and "Madhouse on Madison" marques from the interior of the United Center. I assume one of the wrap around video boards replaced them but it kinda sucks.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
Hawks have dominated their last two opponents in game play. I'm not concerned in the least bit.

Maybe I don't pay attention well but when did they remove the "Welcome to the Madhouse" and "Madhouse on Madison" marques from the interior of the United Center. I assume one of the wrap around video boards replaced them but it kinda sucks.

They were removed for the start of last season. When you consider that the United stadium naming rights deal was coming to and end it's not a huge surprise- United or whoever was interested in the rights isn't going to want to pay for naming rights to a building that everyone was reminded to call something else.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Didn't watch last night. How did Richards, Rundblad, and TvR play?

Richards: was a bit better but is often caught flat footed. Still plugging away in the bottom 6. The 3rd line remains out of sync with Richards there.

Rundblad didn't dress.

TVR: looked a bit vulnerable at times early in the game, but settled in.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They were removed for the start of last season. When you consider that the United stadium naming rights deal was coming to and end it's not a huge surprise- United or whoever was interested in the rights isn't going to want to pay for naming rights to a building that everyone was reminded to call something else.

Don't think that had anything to do with it, they added the additional wrap around displays.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Didn't watch last night. How did Richards, Rundblad, and TvR play?

Richards - I thought he looked better to start out the game, but he was 1-6 on faceoffs and is just such an abysmal power play QB or whatever he is supposed to be at the point for the Hawks power play. That second unit is a disaster with Leddy gone IMO.

Rundblad - Was scratched for Rozsival.

TvR - Seemed fine to me despite the switch to the other side. Wish he could get a goal one of these games because it seems like at least once a game he is getting a decent chance.

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Oh you will have so much fun! I am excited for you. :D
Which game are you going to?

The game against the Pens. I'm really excited for it. My friend and I are visiting Chicago for a few days (neither of us have been before, for some strange reason) but the centrepiece of our visit is the Hawks vs. Pens game!

I'm a Hawks fan living in Toronto, so while I've been to a few Leafs games, I've never seen the Hawks play in person. I'm actually seeing the Hawks for the first time when they're in Toronto in a few weeks, so my Toews jersey is hanging in my closet ready to go! :)

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I hope we don't repeatedly keep hearing this same line all year. We have had a friendly schedule yet still have issues scoring. Denial won't change that fact.

I am concerned about the lack of scoring and for good reason. There is no intensity whatsoever in the Hawk's game, and that will catch up to us eventually.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes the debate on cup half full or half empty is on...The good...7/8 points and Corsi and Fenwick puck possession domination of opponents...the bad: big Fail of offense. ..the ugly: shooting% of top six forwards especially discounting deflection goals or rebound off own shot goals. .eg. Toews still has not scored on a pure shot goal beating a goalie and Kane Hossa and Said pretty bad so far as shooters too..Sharp has blasted a couple in but takes so many shots to score that he is not very efficient as a shooter so far either..Verdict big guns silent on pure shots..very disturbing.. The other 2 ugly things are when Kane mails it in like he did last night..he should be bag-skated as punishment AND of course the awful shooting attempts that are not on The net target taken by Seabrook. .$5.9 milk a yr fir that? No Johnny Boychuk or Shear Weber shot on target and beats goalie from Seabrook..UGLY to the Max. Yeah..I want to vommit...WTF. .do our practices not include shooting accuracy time? If not our coaches ought to be fired..And given our vaunted supposed plethora of stars WTF on The lousy PPs. .UGLY to the Max.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
Don't think that had anything to do with it, they added the additional wrap around displays.

True- but not until this season though, I believe. The signs were gone last season. Actually, the article I found on the Trib website from Aug 2013 references both the naming rights and the digital display boards.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Richards - I thought he looked better to start out the game, but he was 1-6 on faceoffs and is just such an abysmal power play QB or whatever he is supposed to be at the point for the Hawks power play. That second unit is a disaster with Leddy gone IMO.

Rundblad - Was scratched for Rozsival.

TvR - Seemed fine to me despite the switch to the other side. Wish he could get a goal one of these games because it seems like at least once a game he is getting a decent chance.

Both units of PP are a disaster

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah the talk from like everyone I follow on Twitter was how bad the PP looked, whether it was Richards or whoever. I don't know if Richards should be on the PP or not, but something in general just needs to change.

I rewatched OT last night to see the goal, but I'll rewatch the whole game today so I can see everything and just how brutal the PP unit was.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Disasters will from now on be called "Blackhawks power plays."

The majority of North America will be reduced to a Blackhawks power play-zone following the eruption of the Yellowstone caldera.

But hey.... 7/8 points, Toews is 4 points in 4 games, Crow's looking solid, defense is doing a good job, offense is controlling possession .... pretty good start to the season, if you asked me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Also, mildly off-topic, but they had one of those fluff Q&A's with every player on the roster in the program I picked up from the game last night, and one of the questions I found particularly funny was which "teammate you wish came with a mute button?"

Raanta said Keith, everybody else said Shaw.... including Shaw. :laugh:

Nothingman*

Crow has been better than I expected this year so far. That is good to see. He has had 3 deflected off his own player goals against him too. So we are getting the bad luck out of the way early.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I really think TvR is going to be a stud in a couple of years. I do feel that he will eventually be a much better version of Leddy. He has some offensive talent and is not bad defensively and is still only 20 years of age. He is certainly going to be a well-rounded defense man in a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad