Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
If we play like we did in the 3rd last game all game chances are we win this game. I said it before the series and I'll say it again, we have to decide how bad we want it. Given our missing pieces on D, it is that much more important for our forwards to be flying all game and putting the pressure on the opposition. That is hard to do for a 60 minute game, but lets be honest, this is their last chance.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown
when does game 4 actually start? the beginning of the 3rd period right?

I have never felt like this as a pens fan. Any team with 87/71 is capable of doing something but i find myself so disgusted in watching this team it is hard to root for them at times.

Stay positive... Pens play all 3 periods tonight, win 4-1.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Hopefully the Penguins can generate more than 11 shots through 40 minutes of play

Makes for some great hockey.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I'd like to see the forwards drive towards the corners and behind the net in the offensive zone. The Rangers are going all-in on setting up a wall around the slot and are essentially conceding these areas. Rather than skate for the open areas, the Pens forwards keep pulling up and trying to thread pucks to the one (or often zero) Pen surrounded by 4 Rangers in the slot. Setup down low, force the Rags to turn around and begin the cycle from there.

Penguinzilla*

+ Great win tonight, they battled hard
+ Sid's hattrick
- Scuderi

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Games 1 and 3 I did not drink a single beer during the games. Game 2 I drank. Guess I will be hung over tomorrow

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The Pen's only chance is to play "ugly" hockey. Chip, chase and work the cycle in the offensive zone. It would also be nice to get Scuderi away from Sid or Geno, but that's probably asking too much.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Pouliot is in, that would be huge. His passing ability will allow us to penetrate a lot better.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We're due for some OT, right? You can only go so long...

I hope not. When's the last time the Pens ever won an OT playoff game? We always lose those in heartbreaking fashion after we dominate for most of the OT.

You know I'm just happy with how we've competed so far, though. I hope we push this to at least 6. I honestly think if we win tonight we have a good chance at winning this series. We've played very well in New York both games and I could easily see us stealing one in NYR and then having a chance to clinch at home.

But if we lose tonight it's probably over. Just hope the Pens empty the tank and see what happens.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I hope not. When's the last time the Pens ever won an OT playoff game? We always lose those in heartbreaking fashion after we dominate for most of the OT.

You know I'm just happy with how we've competed so far, though. I hope we push this to at least 6. I honestly think if we win tonight we have a good chance at winning this series. We've played very well in New York both games and I could easily see us stealing one in NYR and then having a chance to clinch at home.

But if we lose tonight it's probably over. Just hope the Pens empty the tank and see what happens.

We won two OTs against the Islanders

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
The Pen's only chance is to play "ugly" hockey. Chip, chase and work the cycle in the offensive zone. It would also be nice to get Scuderi away from Sid or Geno, but that's probably asking too much.

They cant chip and chase. This would inherently mean they would have to stop blind/drop passes in the neutral zone or trying to solo across the blue line against 3 defenders.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If the NYR play there A game, or even there B game they will win.

I just want to see the pens play with great effort and intensity like they have the first 3 games.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
If the NYR play there A game, or even there B game they will win.

I just want to see the pens play with great effort and intensity like they have the first 3 games.

I want to see the Pens play a full 60min game. Not a meh 1st and 2nd period and great 3rd. It would also be nice if we could maybe get the first PP of the game and get some momentum from it. The Rags have gotten the 1st PP(and 2nd and 3rd...) in each game and every time they have gained momentum from it.

YeeYee

Mar 3, 2011
Illinois
must win game. hopefully they make the necessary adjustments to generate more offense. I assume we will find out about Pooh after today's skate?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I want to see the Pens play a full 60min game. Not a meh 1st and 2nd period and great 3rd. It would also be nice if we could maybe get the first PP of the game and get some momentum from it. The Rags have gotten the 1st PP(and 2nd and 3rd...) in each game and every time they have gained momentum from it.

I don't really look at it that way.

i think NYR played like a desperate hockey team the first 2 periods, when NYR play like that there going to dominate the game, there the better team.

I don't think the pens suddenly played good in the 3rd period, i think it was just the NYR sitting back and protecting there lead.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't really look at it that way.

i think NYR played like a desperate hockey team the first 2 periods, when NYR play like that there going to dominate the game, there the better team.

I don't think the pens suddenly played good in the 3rd period, i think it was just the NYR sitting back and protecting there lead.

I think it's a combination of both. The Pens need to play desperate, but patient hockey if they want to beat the Rangers. They aren't going to match their speed, but they can match their compete level, especially in the offensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad