GDT: [Game #4] Dallas Stars vs. Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Screenshot 2023-10-21 221446.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Give up 40+ shots and 3 shorties but still win. Team clearly still has to iron out the kinks . especially Robertson needs to starts scoring , but at least they're getting the points early while still not looking that hot

Reactions: Dynamite Time

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I kinda glad i slept though we couldn't even beat the worst team in nhl in regulations. And the pp mistake by Miro was ugly.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Deboer said it was like 14-1 turnovers in the game. Incredibly sloppy with the puck. Torts teams allways play with the kind of effort to make you pay for that type of sloppiness regardless of talent level. Makes sense his teams usually start the year well. The type of playstyle takes advantage of teams still looking to find their groove offensively .

Reactions: piqued
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
For everyone bitching about the Steve Spott PP (and I used to be one of them), the Stars did end up 6th in the league last season. He's got some leash before you can expect any major changes.

The team as a whole mostly seems like they're pacing themselves, doing just enough to get points, which is fine but not very exciting for us fans right now. It better pay off next May though...

I bumped into the AAC dj (dj Shippy) at the bar after the game. Really cool guy. We were talking about no more sing alongs per his boss after the Vegas series.
I hadn't even noticed they were gone till now, but I won't miss 'em.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
For everyone bitching about the Steve Spott PP (and I used to be one of them), the Stars did end up 6th in the league last season. He's got some leash before you can expect any major changes.

The team as a whole mostly seems like they're pacing themselves, doing just enough to get points, which is fine but not very exciting for us fans right now. It better pay off next May though...

I hadn't even noticed they were gone till now, but I won't miss 'em.

Yep, and other special teams coaches took notice and prepared accordingly. Every PK we’ve faced has shut us down from entering the zone at the blueline because their teams coaches watched film on us and formulated a strategy. Spott hasn’t done shit since last season and it’s obvious. No adjustments to teams shutting us down, just the same bad zone entry over and over.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I’ll take 7/8 available points while playing like dogshit. Good teams find a way to win even when not at their best. And that’s what this team is doing now. They’ll figure it out after a while.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
why yall curmudgeons so whiney about sing alongs? they happen in every stadium around the globe.. it's pretty obvious ppl enjoy them.
I'm not a hater (though I find it somewhat annoying but I won't hate on people having fun) and I obviously don't attend games but European/South American style "singalongs" (which I assume is what you are refering to) are very different to me. Walkout songs are usually club specific and done before the game, similar to the national anthems in NA sports, and the chants are in reaction to what is happening in the game or to simply support your team. It feels a lot less, lame(?) too me.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Should be Friends in Low Places and that's it. Ideally started by the crowd themselves at a consistent time when the team is tied or winning, but that may be too much to ask.

Reactions: starsfan86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad