GDT: Game 4: Columbus vs. Calgary | 10/17 7PM EDT

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
We are still so bad clearing the puck and playing with a lead in the 3rd period. Glad we got the win though.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
2 points. The other team also got paid to play - shocker. Close game. We built a lead, they closed it. We were better for two periods, they were better for one. We won, they lost. Time to panic and talk about which overrated rental we can trade for!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
How can the director be so incredibly f@&king stupid to cut away before The Hug" every game? Everyone knows it's coming, he can see where Foligno is, how hard is it to get that shot? It's one of our favorite "traditions" and he screws it up every night!

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Now there was the youngest team in the league.

Like the win.

Need to get these guys to keep it together.
Youngest by age but not by experience. Guys like Johan/Calvert/Cam are playing in their 3rd and 4th years in the league. They should know how to close out these games much better.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Youngest by age but not by experience. Guys like Johan/Calvert/Cam are playing in their 3rd and 4th years in the league. They should know how to close out these games much better.

Just cause ya had a roll in the hay doesn't mean ya know how to shoe the mule.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Holy hell that was intense at the end, even though it really shouldn't have. I'm still shaking a little bit haha. Nice job by Bob to shut the door in the end, but the Jackets still need to learn how to play a full game, and not just show up for 1 1/2 periods. But oh well, I'm still happy with the 3-1 start. Joey, Cam and Foligno have been absolute beasts.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
How can the director be so incredibly f@&king stupid to cut away before The Hug" every game? Everyone knows it's coming, he can see where Foligno is, how hard is it to get that shot? It's one of our favorite "traditions" and he screws it up every night!

That's my biggest complaint about NHL Center Ice

You get 5 minutes of pregame, and they cut off literally like 10 seconds after the game is over.

:shakehead

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 4m4 minutes ago

Jack Skille: "I think we have to work on our killer mentality as a group, especially when we get ahead like that." #CBJ

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'll take the W. Good thing the game wasn't five minutes longer! Go Bob.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
What a joke of a third period after an all around great 1 and 2. :shakehead:

You can't win every period, man. Yeah it was weak, but calm down. Game 4 of an 82-game marathon, nowhere near full strenght as a lineup, leading 3-0 against a non-conference opponent. Teams often play up and down to their competition. We'll get there.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So far I haven't figured out of we actually a good team or not. This sure appears to be the most offensively gifted team we've ever had. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

I'll feel better when we get Dubinsky and Jenner back.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It feels strange to say this, but we won because we were the better team on paper.

Yes there were times when we saw good effort, but it wasn't consistent throughout.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I think it was a great result. We got the win, but looked bad at the end of the game, so there shouldnt be a false sense of security going into the game tomorrow. Also, just happy that there is a game tomorrow.
Bring on Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad