GDT: Game 4: Columbus vs. Calgary | 10/17 7PM EDT

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
So far I haven't figured out of we actually a good team or not. This sure appears to be the most offensively gifted team we've ever had. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

I'll feel better when we get Dubinsky and Jenner back.

Foligno - Johansen - Atkinson
Jenner - Dubi - Hartnell ???

I can see that being a killer top six.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

I like it, especially Dubi's line. That's 3 guys who the other team is not going to want to be on the ice against... the way Dubi and Jenner go 110% all the time, great forechecking, and Hartnell's physical presence. I can see Jenner putting the puck in the net playing with those 2....Dubi and Hartnell both are excellent passing the puck in the offensive zone......and then of course Dubi's "super glue" defense against the other teams top line/player.

Johansen is proving he is going to make any line a threat...and Foligno and Atkinson have been very impressive in the first 4 games.

You still have Matty C., Arty, and Skille for a terrific 3rd line.

Speaking of Skille, what a pickup. Not sure we would be 3-1 to start the season without him. I guess we shouldn't be surprised the Islanders have started 4-0 if they cut him.

I actually think Hartnell has played well, made some sweet passes we just need to capitalize on them.

With all this being said...please don't bring back Dubi and Jenner back until they are ready.......we have enough depth we'll be ok without them until they are 100%.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
So far I haven't figured out of we actually a good team or not. This sure appears to be the most offensively gifted team we've ever had. It will be interesting to see where we go from here.

I'll feel better when we get Dubinsky and Jenner back.

I'm with you on all points. Defensively, it is frightening to see how often an opponent has an open lane to cruise down for a clear shoot. Good thing they have elite goaltending, otherwise things could look very grim. The upcoming road trip should bring things into better focus.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Our defense in our own zone has been poor, but I thin we will get it fixed. It will be interesting to see what line Jenne plays on when he comes back and if he plays C or LW. He played good with Johansen last year, but Foligno is playing well with him this year.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Well, CBJ is 0-1-0 when I attend games live and 3-0-0 when I don't. Take from that what you will...

Came out firing, which is a good thing to see given the poor effort on Tuesday. Tried to give the game away in the third.

The team is taking advantage of a relatively easy schedule to start off the season and getting points. This is what good teams do, and it's even more impressive with Dubi and Jenner out. Ottawa is better than people think, and back-to-backs are difficult, but CBJ has 4 days off after this so they can really leave it all out there and have plenty of time to recover.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!

I was thinking

Jenner - Johansen - Atkinson
Folingo - Dubi - Hartnell

But I'll admit that Folingo and Johansen do got some good chemistry going on right now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I was thinking

But I'll admit that Folingo and Johansen do got some good chemistry going on right now.

I dint think HCTR can separate that first line yet. They've been our only consistent line so far and have looked really deadly at times.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Our defense in our own zone has been poor, but I thin we will get it fixed. It will be interesting to see what line Jenne plays on when he comes back and if he plays C or LW. He played good with Johansen last year, but Foligno is playing well with him this year.

I was thinking

The chemistry is undeniable right now, but if you ask me Foligno-Johansen was the best pair last year too. And Jenner was better than Foligno with Anisimov. This is corroborated by the with-you-without-you stats. You guys are just late to catch on.;)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Calvert-Letestu-Skille were excellent last night. Skille fit very well on that line. They had energy and Letestu controlled the face off circle. I am going to be very curious to see how they fare tonight before weighing in on line combos.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Calvert-Letestu-Skille were excellent last night. Skille fit very well on that line. They had energy and Letestu controlled the face off circle. I am going to be very curious to see how they fare tonight before weighing in on line combos.

14/17 last night and had almost half of our total face off wins. Hell he almost had more wins then all of Calgary last night

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
14/17 last night and had almost half of our total face off wins. Hell he almost had more wins then all of Calgary last night

Indeed he did. I admit I am a big fan of Letestu as he's like having a high quality utility player in baseball - someone who can contribute in many ways and in a variety of roles

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Indeed he did. I admit I am a big fan of Letestu as he's like having a high quality utility player in baseball - someone who can contribute in many ways and in a variety of roles

He should have had a goal to cap off his impressive night, but some little pipsqueak dove from out of no where to steal it from him! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad