GDT: Game 4: Carolina Hurricanes(2-0-0) @ Seattle Kraken(1-1-1) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm out for dinner missing the game. But I saw it was the Hurricanes and thought, naw that's okay, I don't need to watch this one. They're a painful matchup.

If the Kraken are going to let them shoot from the slot someone has to get in front and block it

No one even trying to remove opposite forward in front of our goal.

This is in every team's GDT when they play the Canes. It's a huge pain to stop them from firing rubber on net and a struggle to get them out of the crease.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Carolina is a scary good team. They are really great and timely at getting their sticks in the play when they are out of it. Vegas had a knack at this as well. Something that LA and Anaheim didn’t do well and Seattle doesn’t do well either. We’ll beat teams that give room and Carolina and Vegas don’t give room. Every one of their guys is making their footprint as big as possible.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Carolina is a scary good team. They are really great and timely at getting their sticks in the play when they are out of it. Vegas had a knack at this as well. Something that LA and Anaheim didn’t do well and Seattle doesn’t do well either. We’ll beat teams that give room and Carolina and Vegas don’t give room. Every one of their guys is making their footprint as big as possible.
Well put. A lot of us will come down to matchups. The Canes are just not a good one for us. High skill. speed and D. Plus coaching.

Reactions: majormajor

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Don't ask me why but I get this feeling that Hakstol is more in the hot seat than a lot of us think. Not sure if Francis is going to be that patient this season.
Always thought Hakstol was a lame duck coach. It can't always fall on the coach, players have to assume responsibilities too

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Always thought Hakstol was a lame duck coach. It can't always fall on the coach, players have to assume responsibilities too

I agree. I’m a little worried about the compete level I’m seeing tonight though, since the 3rd Carolina goal. The team didn’t quit last season, even when they sucked. Tonight isn’t looking the same. Quite a few players are done.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Well, glad Shane got a chance on that PP. I wish he would have taken the shot he had instead of that pass that Bjorkstrand clearly wasn’t expecting. Oh well. Teams lose games to very good teams. The Kraken were exposed the last two games and the next two are just as big of a test. It could be ugly.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Seems they aren't playing as hard for sure, Having said that the Carolina team is one very good team,maybe one of the best in the NHL

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I agree. I’m a little worried about the compete level I’m seeing tonight though, since the 3rd Carolina goal. The team didn’t quit last season, even when they sucked. Tonight isn’t looking the same. Quite a few players are done.
Yep but I don't really know if that's on the players or the coach. Are they just not preparing for the matchups? Or is it just that the execution is completely off? If it is the execution, does that fall on the players or the coach? Round and round we go.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Well, glad Shane got a chance on that PP. I wish he would have taken the shot he had instead of that pass that Bjorkstrand clearly wasn’t expecting. Oh well. Teams lose games to very good teams. The Kraken were exposed the last two games and the next two are just as big of a test. It could be ugly.
Still I'll tune in to see if the Kraken can upset a team,two or three

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I know a lot of folks in here were really down on Donskoi and Sheahan last year for their lack of offensive production, but the PK is really missing that pairing right now.

Reactions: The Marquis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad