Niklas Kronwall|Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey|Mike Green
Brendan Smith|Jakub Kindl

Starting Goaltender
Jimmy Howard

Last edited:

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
No DDK tonight? Is that confirmed? Would love to see Smith sit, DDK paired with Green, and Q with Kindl or March.

Goals by Richards, Tats, Sheahan, or Green would be bonus sweet.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Incoming let-down game because it's before THE big game tomorrow, and also because of the injuries that's starting to mount up.

Hopefully Glendening can play atleast, important for the PK.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
I dunno...the Wings looked pretty good in both their home games. It was only the road game where they looked really awful for almost two periods. I doubt they start this game nearly so badly as they did in Carolina. The Canes have a pretty good team despite their record, the Wings have to know they'll get squished if they don't show up for 40 mins again.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No DDK tonight? Is that confirmed? Would love to see Smith sit, DDK paired with Green, and Q with Kindl or March.

Yeah neither Helm nor DDK were expected to play tonight, But could play tomorrow in Montreal but with Helm having a setback it's not known if he will play at all this weekend it sounds like he could be ready by the Edmonton game next Wednesday.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Well that's something...even if no Franzen or Helm. Glenny is far better at centering the 4th than Andy. Now about that DDK thing...

Really like to see DK get a tuneup before he sees Montreal.

Edit: thanks for the updates #1RWFan52.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Would definitely be nice to see other lines get going.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 5m5 minutes ago
Coach Blashill says Jimmy Howard is tonight's starter. Mrazek will play tomorrow and Wednesday. #RedWings

Guess Mrazek gets two in a row.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Would love to see this team get a blow out win with some secondary scorers getting some goals for confidence. Jurco could use a goal, maybe a couple points for Tatar or Nyquist to really get them firnig would be nice too.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
So do we have a de facto home goalie/road goalie combo then? That'd be 3 of 3 road starts for Petr in six games and 3 of 3 home starts for Howie in 5. Not likely to hold up for the whole 4 game Canadian road trip, but it is an intriguing early trend. Wonder what would've happened had Howie started in Carolina.

CerealKiller

Oct 25, 2014
9-0 every person on the first line gets a hat trick and we shut them out. I expect nothing less. :nod:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So do we have a de facto home goalie/road goalie combo then? That'd be 3 of 3 road starts for Petr in six games and 3 of 3 home starts for Howie in 5. Not likely to hold up for the whole 4 game Canadian road trip, but it is an intriguing early trend. Wonder what would've happened had Howie started in Carolina.

I think thats just the way it worked out because of the back to backs.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Really liking the defense this year. Let me explain before you all kill me. I like they way they are getting involved offensively so far. Pinching, keeping possession in the offensive zone. It hasn't bit them in the ass for the most part. It reminds me of the Lidstrom days (again, don't kill me here, im not comparing.) where we would just keep possession and wouldn't let up. When and if we get fully healthy, and this defensive system keeps working to keep possession, we can be vary dangerous and compete with anyone IMHO.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
sure hope the wings don't overlook this game
That would be typical. Everyone looking forward to the big game on Saturday between the only two unbeaten teams in the East... and we go and ruin it by losing against a bottomfeeder.

I also have this bad feeling that Howard can't keep his GAA this low forever. He's had some great puck luck, a few posts and goal-line saves have helped him.. sooner or later that luck turns.

Need the team to bring it for 60 minutes tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad