GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Feel like I'm just watching the game 7 against Montreal again. Team is skating around on the perimeter playing nervous, going though the motions, not generating anything and the Bruins have just taken away the slot or are blocking everything.

Crazy that Marchand alone is all they need to kill us too. Didn't need Bergeron or Chara after all

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I mean going soft with all skill has proven to not work. The issue is our best players are soft as baby shit so adding toughness around that is flawed. Because your best players have to carry the water and they clearly just aren't built like that. There isn't really a fix for that. It is a critical error in the build of our team and we are pot committed to it for 5+ years.
You could argue we really haven't went soft and skill yet even under Dubas. We tried going after grit under him, and Brad took it further.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Who's the 2024/2025 Maple Leafs Head Coach? A few options come to mind, my preference is John Stevens personally, if not him Craig Berube, Dale Hunter, or Karl Taylor.
I'd take Cooper if he'd be available for some reason.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Not what I was referring to but you are correct 100% on that notion

You can't expect to go through a serious taking zero penalties. Game management is still a thing in the playoffs.

You need your special teams to be good to go deep. Ours are historically bad and our coach refuses to use the only PP line that actually worked as he has no balls to bench Tavares.

Expecting zero penalties either way is not a winning strategy.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Boston doesn't even look good, the Leafs are just really bad. Florida is going to steamroll either team next round.
They struggle bad against any team with average defence

But their forechecking game works very well against us.

It’s hard to tolerate the Leafs past 10pm, these late starts are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad