GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
It’s kind of amusing that the leafs might lose this series over ridiculous soft calls on typical playoff material. The team is obviously not a contender but the soft reffing is pathetic.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Too bad Matthews is not dressed tonight

Matthews is the biggest disappointment relative to what he is capable of doing. Lowered expectations for JT to zero. Marner is clearly a lost cause. Willie is a flake on his best day. Matthews, has gone from a 70 goal scorer to someone sitting on 1 goal in 6 games since the Detroit game.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Reaves should punch Mitch in the face. f*** I hate that little bitch.

Team needs to dismantled. I can’t cheer for this core anymore. I’m just done with them

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
The Avalanche are simply the class of the league when they use their high-end explosive speed to overwhelm and overpower teams. Right now Only Vegas and Florida are as explosive. It’s Just beautiful and entertaining to watch when these three teams accelerate and go into high gear. When they sense blood, they become even more focused and take the next level and go for the kill immediately . They have a natural killer instinct. They seize the moment.

The way they transition the puck from defense to offense is crazy. Their zone entries, forechecks and territorial gains are Crisp, effective, simple clean, powerful and quick.

After Vegas/florida/colorado, the Hurricanes, Lightning and rangers are in the next tier of speedy transition teams.

The leafs/bruins are so slow, boring, and plodding compared to them.

Our leafs defense corps is slow, plodding and bad at puck moving and generating offense from the backend. They can’t initiate offense raids, create oddman Rushes, make quick and effective zone entries, maintain forecheck, gain territory, keep the puck in the zone and overwhelm the opposition because they lack offensive flair/instincts/anticipation and speed. And they can’t score goals (except Reilly) because they can’t shoot. They don’t have good shots. Their shots are inaccurate and lack timing/power/precision. Reilly and maybe McCabe are the only ones on that blueline that can shoot and score goals from the point and from the faceoff area.

Seeing the rest of the playoff teams this postseason scoring powerplay goals at will and with ease makes me jealous. Both the oilers and avalanche won their games last night on the powerplay. They scored when they had the opportunities to do it and didn’t waste any of them.

On paper, the leafs have the talent to be deadly on the powerplay. But execution, creativity, and chemistry issues prevent the leafs to be productive on the PP. We also lack a powerplay quarterback defenseman with great vision, great playmaking abilities and a great shot running things smoothly. I wish we had a Cale Makar or Adam Fox on our roster right now. Or a Nicklas Lidstrom/Andrei Markov/Tomas Kaberle clone.

Matthews doesn't seem able to maintain star level impact in the playoffs. He gets his flowers when he shows up, but it's noticeable because how rare it is.

Picture one of those Colorado or Edmonton periods where they toast a team in the playoffs in a ten minute stretch on the PP. Matthews and the PP looks nothing like that. There's no full throttle offense.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
They just don't have it, the top guys I mean.

Even if we move Marner, I am not sure it makes all that much of a difference going forward.

This game feels really hopeless right now.
Marner leaves for Kyrou +2nd(which is my dream scenario), frees up cap space to land top four defenceman.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
If it makes anyone feel better let’s remember Pasternak was a regular season beast, a push saying he was one of the best players in the league…and he’s been a playoff dud

Reactions: fahad203

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
No one is firing Teflon Keefe. You can't do it, otherwise, he'd be gone a long time ago.

Plus can we really replace him? The next coach might demand defensive structure or shaving, we can't have that.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
We just look like a trash team. I’ve previously always taken the position of “you don’t rebuild when you have a strong regular season team”, looking at the Caps and Blues as examples, but … man, this core just folds SO hard in the playoffs. I’d be down for a full teardown/rebuild.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
Samsanov makes the saves he should make and we win a game and then he shits the bed and loses the next ones and I wonder about the brains of some people who actually think he can lead us far in the playoffs

If your a 69 goal scorer it sucks the life out of you when a shit shot goes in

Blame the forwards blame the defense but right now our biggest problem is goaltending

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's like a challenge even to get 1 shot on Boston's net and the Bruins just dance in our zone getting multiple chances.

That's the problem when you have 5 lumberjacks and Rielly on defense. They can barely take a shot on net without either taking 5 seconds or flubbing it. The last shift Brodie just about had an aneurysm with the puck.

Reactions: stickty111

cyborg

Nov 18, 2018
What do we pay Keefe to do

Because there’s no structure to this pile of shit

No sense of urgency. No desire.

And no adjustments. Just keep trotting out the same bullshit

Special teams been in the toilet for more than half the year. But that’s okay I guess

This series is done if we don’t pull this out. And it’s hard to see them do that tonight. There’s absolutely no jump.

ROR did the right thing getting out of this mess.
no passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad