GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I wanted this thing blown up 5 years ago. Them blowing it up now does nothing for me as a fan. They missed the chance to make real changes.

Now it's blowing it up and practically rebuilding. Kyle left f*** all behind. He destroyed the whole organization.

Not re-signing Hyman was one of the most stupid things I've seen a GM do. And this is with zero hindsight involved. And that decision doesn't even crack the top 4 or 5 stupid decisions Kyle made.

Have you ever looked at Hyman's playoff numbers here?

It is always shocking seeing the people who hate our stars for not performing and wanting Hyman back.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I get that. But we are at home. We have match ups

Where's our skill? We don't seem to have any flow what so ever
Our coach demands we play the way Boston does, despite our lineup being different. It's why I want him GONE...

How many times have we watched the entire team play down to their opponents and play the way the other team wants to play? The Leafs should be using their speed, but instead they're trying to play Boston's grind-it-out style... Because they're idiots.

Reactions: fahad203

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Remember the Mtl series, had a huge game 2 and 3 and then disappeared. It's nothing new.

Matthews doesn't seem able to maintain star level impact in the playoffs. He gets his flowers when he shows up, but it's noticeable because how rare it is.

Picture one of those Colorado or Edmonton periods where they toast a team in the playoffs in a ten minute stretch on the PP. Matthews and the PP looks nothing like that. There's no full throttle offense.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Last year it looked like they needed to fire Keefe, trade Marner, and find a goalie. Instead they fired the GM and called it a day.

This year it looks like they need to fire Keefe, trade Marner, and find a goalie. Boy I sure love wasting Matthews' career.

It's actually kind of insane when you think about it

Reactions: saffronleaf

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Still cheering them on but all the shortcomings in our usual gameplan are coming home to roost. Also typical Keefe overthinking simple roster decisions. His legacy.

Probably a couple years until we can build a real contender so I'll consider this lighthearted bonus hockey.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Everyone keeps talking about Swayman this, Swayman that. Have we even really tested him? He's been good but our problem is we're not even making him have to try.

Am I out to lunch?
Perimeter hockey as usual making goalies look good.

Keefe mixes up our fourth line who had 3 great games and an identity. They get scored on in the first period after he mixes them up and then they don’t see the ice again. Now our top 3 lines are going to be exhausted if he keeps this up. Plus nylander first game back needs to get his wind and 34 is sick so Iuno what keefe is thinking.

Boring first no fans cheering for most of it and no heart or passion from the players. Feels like a regular season game.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad