GDT: Game 39: Sharks vs. Jets 7:30pm NBCSCA

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
what teams are actually bad in this league? it seems like we have faced 70% teams with elite 5v5 scoring and possession
It's my understanding that we did face a pretty difficult first half schedule, which is one of the reasons why our ROS is "top 2 easiest," but I don't have the stats to back that up.

It is definitely possible that if you have a league with 10% truly dogshit teams, that everyone else can look "better than average" ... haven't done or seen any analysis to confirm that's what might be happening this year with the unholy trinity of SJS/ANA/CHI.

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
3-1 Jets. Eklund snaps his scoring slump.

We're still missing Sturm's FO's and generally hard effort, we're out Benning, but Emberson and Addison are back in and we played Detroit close.

I think we break the losing streak at MTL in one week, but maybe we take Jets or Leafs to an OT loss in the meantime.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Advanced hockey stat for the day:

Winning the game is actually losing and losing the game is actually winning.
Two wins verse the Jets last year is the difference between Smith and Bedard… I still remember our miraculous goal with very little time remaining by Hertl and then winning in OT.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Two wins verse the Jets last year is the difference between Smith and Bedard… I still remember our miraculous goal with very little time remaining by Hertl and then winning in OT.
We have no idea if we would have had the lotto balls fall our way, so I prefer to think of it as "2 wins is the difference between Smith and Fantilli." Which is still a real bummer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad