GDT: Game 39: Sens @ Jackets || 6 p.m. EST

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I'm a little unsure of what Lars' mindset is then.

If we're actually ready for a playoff run then you'd think Roslovic and Domi have to be rolling, right? How else are we going to score enough? Or does Lars think if he just sits them for another couple games that they'll stop being such donkeys in their own end of the ice and then we'll start rolling? Or does he think that he can get us to the playoffs without them?

Maybe it is not a calculated thing at all - perhaps Lars just doesn't have the instinct to put them on the ice often enough. Basically he knows we're not that good but game to game he's overly cautious with giving minutes to his offensive guys - perhaps unaware of it.
I think you know the anwser in the end :sarcasm:
He is just probably too cautious vs going all-in offensively

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
A few observations from my seat last night:

- Didn't think the Jackets played a bad game, just couldn't bury some good chances, and tried too many cross-ice passes when a shot would have been the better play
- I scratched my head when the Jackets signed Kuraly to the deal they did over the summer, but he's been impressive. The guy plays really hard and smart, and might end up with 15 goals this season. Not bad for what we're paying.
- You can tell Roslovic has the tools to be a darn good player in this league, but his decision-making is atrocious. Lots of turnovers in bad places like the neutral zone or just crossing the blue line. Needs to compete harder throughout the game, not just in bursts.
- Laine looks energized. Carrying the puck into the offensive zone with all sorts of confidence, but needs to let it rip instead of always looking for a pass, especially when our forwards are usually nowhere to be seen.
- Feel very confident about Peeke and Bean. Give those guys another year or two, and you've got a couple of solid blue liners.
- Domi is an enigma. Talented, but alternates between good and bad play. There's a reason why he's bounced around the league. He's well-suited for a stacked team that can stick him on a third line and let him make plays. Not worth the money here in Cbus.
- Can't believe Sillinger is still a teenager. He's going to be a beast. Will be a 2+ center.
- Going to be a long season. First few weeks were fool's gold.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
i'd really like to know specifics on who they are referring to, since we have the youngest team in the league and very few "journeyman" type players that you would "forget" were in the NHL. 10/10 troll job though

My guess is Kuraly, Domi, and Nyquist. Because like you said we don’t have many journeymen types, and these three (even though Domi is only like 26-27) have been around for a while.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
My guess is Kuraly, Domi, and Nyquist. Because like you said we don’t have many journeymen types, and these three (even though Domi is only like 26-27) have been around for a while.

i read the tweet and apparently Nyquist was the only one they referenced, so i guess "a bunch of guys" is one guy. but that's Twitter...

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
- Laine looks energized. Carrying the puck into the offensive zone with all sorts of confidence, but needs to let it rip instead of always looking for a pass, especially when our forwards are usually nowhere to be seen.

When Laine is confident to carry the puck all around and not confident to shoot, that is a bad combination. He's fundamentally good at one of those things and not the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad