GDT: Game 39: Jackets @ Avs | January 4th, 6pm MT/3AM Finnish | The Traktor Alban edition

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Traktor Alban kör och plogen plöjer djupa spÃ¥r........​

WHAT?

Blue Jackets @ Avalanche, 6PM MT / 3AM Finnish Time

WHERE?

Pepsi_Center.jpg

WHAT'S TRAKTOR ALBAN?

traktor_alban_by_mara999-d6iuzfh.png
traktor_alban_01.jpg

THE STORY

The Avalanche are coming off a 2-1 SO win against the Oilers and are rolling with a 6-2-2 record in their last 10. They are trying to continue to improve against the injury ravaged Blue Jackets.

The Jackets played last night and lost 6-3 to the struggling Arizona Coyotes. A back-to-back in the Mile High will provide them an extra challenge tonight.

LAST SEASON

This season Jackets are 16-17-3 (35p) and the Avalanche are 15-15-8 (38p) in their first 36 and 38 games respectively.

Last season the Jackets went 15-17-4 in their first 36.
The Avalanche went 23-11-4 in their opening 38 games last season.

The Jackets are 1 point better off this season.
The Avalanche are 12 points worse off this season.

LINE-UP NEWS

Varlamov gets the start in the net and Redmond stays as a healthy scratch. The Avs change their lines a bit with Borna Rendulic getting a chance on the 2nd line with Landeskog and Duchene.

The Jackets have lots of injuries, including Nathan Horton, who hasn't been able to play at all this season due to a serious back problem.
Curtis McElhinney gets the nod in net.

POINTS LEADERS

wbr8Lmr.jpg

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

2Ebq5U8.jpg

PROJECTED STARTING GOALTENDERS
Not this guy

but these guys
QugOoIO.jpg

INJURIES and HEALTHY SCRATCHES

Jackets
Cracknell - Healthy
Prout - Healthy
Leopold - Healthy
Atkinson - UBI
Anisimov - Triceps
Gibbons - Knee
Horton - Back
Jenner - Back
Letestu - Groin
Murray - Knee

Avalanche
Redmond - Healthy
Winchester - Concussion
Bordeleau - Knee
Wilson - Shoulder
McGinn - Back
Street - Hand

THE MUSIC

Upp på flakan hör ni hela puljun, nu far vi så att kottarna strittar

JUST GO AND GRAB A WIN!

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm hearing Bob isn't starting and Goulobef is in. Might make other changes as well.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Interesting choice of topic for sure. :laugh:

I'll share what was told to me last time, you can change it yourself by double-clicking the title on the Avs forum page.

umdieecke*

I'd rather lose 6-7 with MacKinnon and Duchene each getting 3 goals than the Avs win. A loss would be worth it if the trade off is Razor and Dutch getting it going.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Has it been talked about that Chambers thinks Rendulic has played in the KHL?
He wrote otherwise a nice piece on him, but that stood out really badly.

He probably got confused because Rendulic has played in Medvescak Zagreb, but they were not then part of the KHL.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Has it been talked about that Chambers thinks Rendulic has played in the KHL?
He wrote otherwise a nice piece on him, but that stood out really badly.

He probably got confused because Rendulic has played in Medvescak Zagreb, but they were not then part of the KHL.

It was decent, got some good quotes out of him at least. I know he's written at least 3x prior that Rendulic had never played outside of Croatia but probably in speaking to him Rendulic brought it up about Finland. Seems like he had a few offers and didn't know who to pick so he went with us because he liked David Oliver.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Interesting. Dater pegged four of those teams as interested, and while he may not write or interview well some of his predictions are good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad