BRUINS GDT GAME 39 9:08 PM - THE BEAR explores the Colorado Rockies - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

How many points will the Bruins bank on this 4 game trip?

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 17 19.1%

Votes: 33 37.1%

Votes: 26 29.2%

Votes: 5 5.6%

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1704701129111.png

1704701162380.png

1704701197702.png

The Colorado Avalanche are in the midst of a tough portion of their schedule, and they passed the first two tests with comeback overtime wins over the New York Islanders and Dallas Stars.

They failed miserably against a hot Florida Panthers team on Saturday. Next up are the Boston Bruins, who are tied for the most points in the Eastern Conference, on Monday night in Denver.

Colorado is 7-2-1 in its last 10 games but the taste of an 8-4 loss to Florida is sour. The Panthers had a 3-0 lead before the fans settled into their seats. The Avalanche tied it twice before Florida had a flurry of goals in the third period.

It was only one loss, but there were bigger implications, namely the play of backup goaltender Ivan Prosvetov. He allowed the first three goals on just four shots and was pulled after the fourth goal, forcing Alexandar Georgiev to give up his off day.

Coach Jared Bednar had hoped to give Georgiev, who had played in nine straight games, a rest before playing Boston and then Vegas on Wednesday night, but that plan was scrapped. Now he might play without a break for the foreseeable future.

"We're in a stretch with no easy games coming up," Bednar said. "There's no easy games, period, but especially in the stretch we're in. We've got another four straight against the top opponents in the league. Georgie has played 10 in a row so we'll see."

Colorado is without defenseman Bowen Byram due to a lower-body injury suffered in the win over Dallas on Thursday night. He was placed on injured reserve on Saturday and will be out for at least seven days.

Avalanche forward Miles Wood was scratched from Saturday's game for an undisclosed reason, but he might be back in the lineup on Monday night with Ben Meyers reassigned to the Colorado Eagles of the American Hockey League.

After losing to the hottest team in the NHL, the Avalanche pivot to face another team on a roll. The Bruins have won five of their last six out of the holiday break and are coming off a 7-3 home win over Tampa Bay on Saturday night.

Boston has shaken off the disappointing first-round exit last spring to again compete for the most points in the league. Monday kicks off a six-day, four-game road trip against Western Conference teams.

"We're building here," said Morgan Geekie, who was one of six Bruins players to score a goal Saturday night. "I think we're taking steps in the right direction, and our compete level is just going up. I think we're starting to execute along those lines, too.

"We're going to take it on the road with us and just try to get better each day out there."

Boston played Saturday without veteran James van Riemsdyk for undisclosed reasons and his status for Monday and beyond is unknown.

The Bruins recalled Jesper Boqvist from AHL affiliate Providence on Saturday and he logged 11:22 of ice time in the win over the Lightning.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This is a brutal trip and I wanted no part of it.

I believe they can bank 6 points

The Avs are inconsistent
The Yotes play well in their college rink
VGK has been slumping but Cassidy wants a win badly and St. Louis :dunno:

I went fairly conservative and voted 5 points but it could be more. Could be less too I suppose. But I think the Bruins will give a good account of themselves. Avs as you said are inconsistent but their best is as good as anybody's. Arizona are an obvious trap game but I don't think Boston will fall for that again. Knights are fatiguing as many Cup winners do but this might be a game they really get themselves up for, come St Louis on Saturday it might be the Bruins who are feeling rather tired.

Start strong and ideally get at least a point out out of Colorado and go from there. They're a strong offense, questionable defense team, as so many seem to be these days, and MacKinnon is insanely good. The Bruins could perhaps try and pull off another barn sale shootout-type game, but it would be risky and really not the direction they want to be heading as a team. Hopefully they can keep things tighter here and pick off the Avs' defensive lapses without allowing too many of their own. Either way, should be a good contest.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I voted 9! Why not? Shoot for the moon: even if you miss you might land among the stars. Funny, I always thought that was from Peter Pan!

Edit: also reminds me of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’s So Long and Thanks for all the Fish: The Fourth Book in the Trilogy! The fifth book’s subtitle is even better.

Last edited:
Reactions: caz16 and HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I voted 9! Why not? Shoot for the moon: even if you miss you might land among the stars. Funny, I always thought that was from Peter Pan!

Edit: also reminds me of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’s So Long and Thanks for the Fish: The Fourth Book in the Trilogy! The fifth book’s subtitle is even better.
What fifth book?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I went fairly conservative and voted 5 points but it could be more. Could be less too I suppose. But I think the Bruins will give a good account of themselves. Avs as you said are inconsistent but their best is as good as anybody's. Arizona are an obvious trap game but I don't think Boston will fall for that again. Knights are fatiguing as many Cup winners do but this might be a game they really get themselves up for, come St Louis on Saturday it might be the Bruins who are feeling rather tired.

Start strong and ideally get at least a point out out of Colorado and go from there. They're a strong offense, questionable defense team, as so many seem to be these days, and MacKinnon is insanely good. The Bruins could perhaps try and pull off another barn sale shootout-type game, but it would be risky and really not the direction they want to be heading as a team. Hopefully they can keep things tighter here and pick off the Avs' defensive lapses without allowing too many of their own. Either way, should be a good contest.

I went 5 points too.

That's the recent Bruins also. 6-4, somebody.

Yes, MacKinnon is that good. Perhaps the best in the game right now.

Another night of don't take any penalties, their PP is really good.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Will miss most of this one, these later starts are too much :wally:

Ya I really would love the schedulers to try their darndest to have as many east vs far west games on the weekend as possible, barring that, vacation weeks (i noticed a lot of the time they do the west coast trip right when kids have February vacation) it would increase ratings

Reactions: BMC

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I took the 50/50 and said 4 points conservatively, but they could get up for a couple of these games as well and grab those OT points.
I said 4 points as well....wins in Ariz. and St Louis.....an L in Col and the possibility of a 5th point from ot in LV

and of course they play Saturday night in St Louis, come home and play a 1:00pm game on Monday ...to Fenway's point - a brutal schedule

Reactions: Ladyfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm totally fine with a 9pm start. The kids probably won't be asleep until close to 9 anyway, and I'm typically awake until midnight or so. Perfect timing. The only difference today is that I will have to sit through commercials and intermission rather than yelling "FAST FORWARD 18 MINUTES" into my remote.

I don't even care about the points today. Just show me something.

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ladies and gentlemen, I have officially made my impact at the brewery. The owner has paid for NESN, and we will be hosting Bruins games on the projector. I had so many regulars that were like, "Ace, you did it!"
Good Job! Where is the brewery?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I took the 50/50 and said 4 points conservatively, but they could get up for a couple of these games as well and grab those OT points.
I was an optimist and said 6.

I hope we get a good group tonight and it is fun.

I just got back from the dentist. We got 10-12 inches of snow. The sky is blue, and everything looks so beautiful and clean.

Not if we do squat thrusts!!
ugg

Reactions: BMC and caz16

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Picked 5pts

Don't see the Bruins in 1st place when they return East.

Hard to know what the 7th and 8th Seeds will look like come April, but having the Panthers vs Leafs play a 1st Round matchup would be a perfect scenario for the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad