BRUINS GDT Game 39 7:07 PM - Washington Visits The Bear - NESN, ESPN+, SN 360, SNW, SNP, WBZ-FM 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maineblackbear

Jan 10, 2007
I remember first time watching Chara play. I had season tix for Portland Pirates then on the glass just off to the right behind the away goalie for two periods. I got to my seats and sat down in warm ups and settled myself. I just started to pay attention and have a first gulp of the two beers I towed. And this giant comes storming in, shoots into net, turns and springs himself back first into the boards right in front of me. It blocked out the sun it seemed. I had seen big players before, but this was something that I still remember to this day. He was a Lockmonster all right.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I remember first time watching Chara play. I had season tix for Portland Pirates then on the glass just off to the right behind the away goalie for two periods. I got to my seats and sat down in warm ups and settled myself. I just started to pay attention and have a first gulp of the two beers I towed. And this giant comes storming in, shoots into net, turns and springs himself back first into the boards right in front of me. It blocked out the sun it seemed. I had seen big players before, but this was something that I still remember to this day. He was a Lockmonster all right.
We sit right next to the B's bench in Boston. Before the games (during the pre-game skate) folks come down to the glass. All know Z is tall but many remark on how huge he is in person (with skates he has to be close to 7 feet). It was always fun to see the look on fans faces (especially the kids) . When you see him up close it is cool.

Plus they used to have a rolling rack of extra sticks. I would ask the little ones if the knew which one was Chara's....It was MUCH longer than any other. The can no longer use the rack as they added so many new seats that the tunnel isn't as wide as it used to be :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad