Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - THE BEAR dances in LA LIVE as B's BEAT LA - BRUINS 5 - LAK 2 F

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Confidence is a wonderful drug.

The best coaches usually know what style a player responds too. Some need the kick in the pants, others need a praise or when to step aside and let the team handle it.

I get the treat all people the same, but people just arent the same.

Frederic won't be 25 until next month. His development years coincided with the covid years. It may just be that it's his time to blossom.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Did @smithformeragent 's wife have the baby?

Bruins Notes: Trent Frederic Shows Fight During Breakout Season

“I think just his maturity, his trust in his game and getting more opportunities has allowed his confidence to grow,” Bruins coach Jim Montgomery told NESN’s Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley on the network’s postgame coverage. “He’s just a real good hockey player for us now. I mean, he’s got nine goals and they’re all five-on-five goals. It’s not easy to do in this league in the first half of the year.”

Before Frederic lit the lamp twice in the final frame, he created fireworks by dropping the gloves with Kings forward Brendan Lemieux in the second period.

Frederic and Lemieux both traded fists and there’s certainly no love lost between the two as it’s the third fight between them since Frederic entered the NHL in the 2018-19 season.

“When he came up to me, I can’t ever say no to him,” Frederic said as seen on NESN’s postgame coverage. “Not a big fan of him. So, every chance I get, I try to do it.”

I'm not a big fan of Brendan Lemieux either. Good on Freddy for taking him on!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I fell asleep before the 3rd started so watching Bruins in 2 now. I have absolutely no self control though so I checked the score after seeing a quick highlight (that I tried to ignore lol) on Instagram.

Good to see the boys and Swayman get the win. What a travesty it was for Swayman to get the start last night :laugh:

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Swayman had a solid game. Saved Clifton's butt a number of times.

Line of Hall-Krejci-Zacha doesn't have anyone that wants to shoot enough. All 3 have good shots but are pass first players.

Forbort with a +3. Don't recall seeing a bottom pair defenseman that has had so many big plus (and minus) games in a season.

Really enjoying seeing Foligno get more ice time and not being saddled with no-hands Nosek.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Watched half last night and half this morning.

Marchand deserved the 2 for mouthing off, and that was a gross non-call on the trip to cause the temper tantrum.

McAvoy got caught puck watching with awful stick position on the Kings early goal

Otherwise, they looked good. A nice consistent game throughout and the box score shows it. It’s Almost like the dynasty Patriots, where they just played a steady and mistake free game. Eventually the other team breaks, wears down, or does something that’s plain stupid.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What's the history between Frederic and Lemieux anyway other than a couple of previous fights? Is there something else?

Forbort with a +3. Don't recall seeing a bottom pair defenseman that has had so many big plus (and minus) games in a season.

Yeah, he spent so many years as a top-pairing dman next to Doughty in LA. Could just reliably eat 20 vanilla minutes, his biggest problem was opponents would just play keep away from DOughty and dump it into his corner. Always knew he'd absolutely thrive down the lineup. Having him as a 3rd pairing dman is insane.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
..more like a refusal to make a call
Exactly what Marchand needed - get pissed-off and channel it. Not that he’s been bad at a point per game, but remember last year when he went through a stretch of single-handedly dragging the Bruins to a win? Methinks he’s going to start playing like that again. Except this year there’s a lot more than just him pulling on the rope. Go Bruins!!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It has been fun watching the Kings over the past several seasons get to the point they are at. They should keep improving over the next few seasons as well, even when some of their vets are gone. Last night's win was one of the more impressive ones this season because the Bs took on a very good team on the road, played 3 solid periods, and won the game by a good margin. All of that just several days after going through all the Winter Classic festivities and game.

A couple things stood out to me. First off, props to Swayman. Not an easy game for him, but he stood strong and shut down the Kings for the most part. If he can get more consistency start to start he is going to be a gem. Second, I can't say enough about Frederic's growth this season. I felt he was at the point of put up or shut up. At his age he needed to take the next step pronto. He appears to be doing that. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's just a late bloomer and continues to improve. His shooting pct this season is double his previous career pct.

Marchy has 33 points in 30 games, coming off double hip surgery -- insane!!! Love it when he is able to channel his anger into something productive on the ice. Did that in spades last night.

The Bs have 64 pts. Next closest teams in the NHL have 56, and the Bs have 3 and 1 games in hand respectively on those two teams. Tremendous! Keep it rolling!

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Obviously, the BRUINS have entered the offensive zone many times this season with great success, but based on their won/lost record they have also entered The Twilight Zone.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I fell asleep before the 3rd started so watching Bruins in 2 now. I have absolutely no self control though so I checked the score after seeing a quick highlight (that I tried to ignore lol) on Instagram.

Good to see the boys and Swayman get the win. What a travesty it was for Swayman to get the start last night :laugh:

Would have been better of to have had a nap and woke up to watch just the third with this team.Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad