Post-Game Talk: GAME 38 - THE BEAR dances in LA LIVE as B's BEAT LA - BRUINS 5 - LAK 2 F

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Frederic credits this person for his career-best season with Bruins

What's behind Frederic playing at a much higher level? He was quick to credit one person in particular.

"I have to give a lot of credit to Monty," Frederic told NESN postgame. "He's done a great job letting me play free and just putting confidence in me. He's been awesome for me and everyone."

Frederic isn't just scoring goals for the Bruins, either. As a power forward, he's providing plenty of physicality and energy each game, and he's never afraid to drop the gloves and send a message. Frederic's fight with Kings forward Brandon Lemieux in the second period was one of the best of his career.

One of the question marks going into the 2022-23 season for the Bruins was scoring depth.

It was a major issue in the first-round playoff series versus the Carolina Hurricanes. They didn't add many players in free agency over the offseason, so it was up to Montgomery to get more offensive production out of what was already on the roster, most notably Jake DeBrusk, Nick Foligno, Taylor Hall, Craig Smith, Connor Clifton, Frederic, and others.

So far, Montgomery has done a tremendous job putting guys in the right positions to succeed and instilling lots of confidence in them. Young players such as Frederic don't have to worry about making a mistake and getting benched for 10-plus minutes as a result.

Montgomery has pushed the right buttons with pretty much every single player so far, and it's a factor that's been pivotal in Boston's historically good start to the season.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What a night for Frederic. Superb performance. And he really hates Lemieux - that's their 3rd bout in less than 2 years.

Kings corsi 57%, shots for 58%, xGF 57%, scoring chances bit of an anomoly, only 49%, but high danger chances 70% in favor (14 to 6). Yet they still lose by 2 goals, plus the empty, to this die hard Bruins team. Boston's just so difficult to put away, almost every night someone steps up and delivers. A guy like Swayman will have a rough patch but then come up big when it matters most. What a team. Lets keep it going!
Pretty much everybody seems to hate Lemieux. He and his dad are turds.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
"[Frederic] is not going to be a top-two-line guy, we know that," Bruins director of amateur scouting Keith Gretzky told reporters at the draft, according to Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald. "But he has some jam. He plays hard with the penalty minutes. We were fortunate to get him.Jun 27, 2016

Give Keith some credit, he was spot on. Some were upset with the pick as a player such as Arthur Kaliyev was still on the board. What Keith didn't add at the time was they were getting a valuable bottom six player who had good hands skill as well as fisticuffs wise, will battle along the boards, down low and in front of the net, kill penalties and grind you into the ground. Every team needs those guys and it will take awhile but we believe we may have found one.
Freddy now has 9 goals, none on the PP, but 4 GWG's tied for the team lead with Jake. Kaliyev has 9 goals, 7 on the PP, no GWG's. And not the jam to play 3rd line. We did OK, perfect piece to the puzzle.
With more development to his game and to his pugilistic pugnacity, he can be a Secord-lite type of player.

Reactions: aguineapig

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Watched half last night and half this morning.

Marchand deserved the 2 for mouthing off, and that was a gross non-call on the trip to cause the temper tantrum.

McAvoy got caught puck watching with awful stick position on the Kings early goal

Otherwise, they looked good. A nice consistent game throughout and the box score shows it. It’s Almost like the dynasty Patriots, where they just played a steady and mistake free game. Eventually the other team breaks, wears down, or does something that’s plain stupid.
Yes, and Monty is the anti-Belichik.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

View attachment 631216
Used to live 15 minutes from Thousand Oaks. It can really come down in SoCal.

LA friend demanded I give the Kings 2 goals if we were to have a dinner bet.......
😂

Travel gets a little nuts now as usually the Bruins would play next in Anaheim but instead go to San Jose and then back to SoCal

I used to hate LA but I have become fond of the city the past 10 years.

View attachment 631223

View attachment 631220
View attachment 631221
Kevin, I think you know all the best spots to eat in every NHL city on the continent.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Used to live 15 minutes from Thousand Oaks. It can really come down in SoCal.

Kevin, I think you know all the best spots to eat in every NHL city on the continent.

We can add 'Kevin's Eating Guide To The NHL: from poutine to danger dogs' to the list of books that @Fenway needs to write someday!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Our doctor told us mid december that our baby will be here very soon because the birth pangs were very strong already but yet we are here still waiting :D

But he still has time so its alright. His due date is the 16th of january :)

Wishing you guys all the best for the birth

How exciting, two HFB Bruins babies to be born soon. I hope everything goes well for Mom and baby.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Has anyone already coined the term "Marchand Hat Trick"?

Goal
Assist
Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad