Pre-Game Talk: Game 38 Tampa Bay Lightning at Boston Bruins 7:08 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Thanks. I have never NOT had snow tires, but everyone tells me I shouldn't need them with the Crosstrek. I always had a stick shift with front wheel drive and snows. Now I have all wheel drive and an automatic shift (for the first time in my life) . Tonight is the test.

Getting up my driveway is a challenge..

Thanks. Nice to hear. I have my doubts but will check out the Subaru tonight.
I have a 4 well drive truck and put for winter tires on it . not to have a big discussion but if you think about you traction is only as good as the rubber that is on the road regardless of the vehicle
Was talking SUV have had some 4x4 pickups and have put snows on them ,hell my Dodge Ram wasn’t even great with the snows.But the Toyota SUV’s
I have a 4 well drive truck and put for winter tires on it . not to have a big discussion but if you think about you traction is only as good as the rubber that is on the road regardless of the vehicle
Was talking SUV’s the 4x4 trucks I had ,I put snows on them they sucked without them ,hell my Dodge Ram wasn’t even very good with the snows.But the RAVS I have had have been awesome just with the all seasons.Just my experience not telling anyone not to get them if they want.

Reactions: bme44

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mods. Feel free to kill this once a real pregame is up.

Hey Bruins, Please make it worth my while to drive in from NH in the snow tonight.

I can finally test my new car to see how well it does in the snow without snow tires.
Going to my cousins choir concert so I’m out tonight - let me know if Juggling Jim plays anyone over 23 tonight ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
@Ladyfan I got my Outback at the end of 2014 and was able to get to work with the AWD at 4am during the snowmaggedon of 2015. Take your time and you'll do fine.
Waiting for my flight to Logan at the Richmond airport. My daughter and I spent a few days with my son and DIL in Roanoke. Should get in before the snow starts, and be able to see the game.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We are supposed to get 4 inches in the mean streets of Peabody

Hopefully no snow blower just a 30 minute cardio work out listening to Belichick last game talk on the headphones

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks. I have never NOT had snow tires, but everyone tells me I shouldn't need them with the Crosstrek. I always had a stick shift with front wheel drive and snows. Now I have all wheel drive and an automatic shift (for the first time in my life) . Tonight is the test.

Getting up my driveway is a challenge..

Thanks. Nice to hear. I have my doubts but will check out the Subaru tonight.
The Crosstrek handles vey well in the snow :)

Be safe!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We are supposed to get 4 inches in the mean streets of Peabody

Hopefully no snow blower just a 30 minute cardio work out listening to Belichick last game talk on the headphones
9-12 inches are predicted for here. Hopefully most will fall AFTER I get home from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad