Pre-Game Talk: Game 38 Tampa Bay Lightning at Boston Bruins 7:08 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I admire your resolve. I wouldnt be going. 😁
Be real careful on the ride home. All wheel drive can get you through snow but doesnt do diddley if you need to stop. Leave a lot of distance and go slow.
Tonight, I decide if I need snows. I have always had them, but everyone says the Crosstrek doesn't need them. My driveway is a concern as it is very steep.. I have an "X" mode. It will be interesting.

I really don't mind snow but ice...:eek3::brrr:

Be real careful on the ride home. All wheel drive can get you through snow but doesnt do diddley if you need to stop. Leave a lot of distance and go slow.
Someday...You need to get yourself to a game!

IMO the Bruins have a good chance of winning- Vasilefski (sp?) has not played that well since coming back from major back surgery . TB as a whole doesn’t seem to be the powerhouse they used to be either.
Cannot take them lightly. One of the best guys who works behind the Bs bench HATES Tampa the very most. I hope the Bs win

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was supposed to go but parking in my complex becomes a nightmare and I don’t want to take Uber or Lyft.

I will enjoy the game on my couch with a glass of wine.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Mods. Feel free to kill this once a real pregame is up.

Hey Bruins, Please make it worth my while to drive in from NH in the snow tonight.

I can finally test my new car to see how well it does in the snow without snow tires.
If you do get snow tires might want to consider studded snow tires. So much more grip and confidence on icy roads.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If you do get snow tires might want to consider studded snow tires. So much more grip and confidence on icy roads.
I wouldn't get studs as they tear up the driveway and roads.

If needed (maybe I will know after tonight) I will get snows.

Reactions: aguineapig72

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This reminds me of one of my biggest frustrations.

The commuter rail Haverhill line is entirely inconvenient for a 7:00 pm game on weeknights and even worse on weekends.

For a weeknight game, you either need to leave partway through the third period to catch the 9:40 train or wait around until 11:40 pm.

On weekends, the only option is an 11:30 train.

Not great options, especially if you have kids.
IMG_2041.png
IMG_2042.png

Reactions: BMC

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023

My boss used to ice race his Saab's on these snow tires and swore they were the best. I slid around in my old bomber VW until I bought a set used from a customer, trust me I got a grip on things.

1704554439733.png

If it gets real bad tonite I'm sure the bull gang will let the long time fan Ladyfan borrow the Zamboni for the ride home!

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This reminds me of one of my biggest frustrations.

The commuter rail Haverhill line is entirely inconvenient for a 7:00 pm game on weeknights and even worse on weekends.

For a weeknight game, you either need to leave partway through the third period to catch the 9:40 train or wait around until 11:40 pm.

On weekends, the only option is an 11:30 train.

Not great options, especially if you have kids.View attachment 797255View attachment 797256
If you live near route 93 park at Sullivan. It is only 2 stops from the Garden and cheaper than parking in Boston. Trains run often. Also you get out of Boston much quicker and are right off 93.

Last edited:

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
If you live near route 93 park at Sullivan. It is only 22 stops from the Garden and cheaper than parking in Boston. Trains run often. Also you get out of Boston much quicker and are right off 93.
This, I live like 15 minutes north of the City and park at Sullivan every game, it's like 9 bucks to park, like 5 minutes on the actual train, and don't even have to go outside once you get to North Station

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

My boss used to ice race his Saab's on these snow tires and swore they were the best. I slid around in my old bomber VW until I bought a set used from a customer, trust me I got a grip on things.

View attachment 797254

If it gets real bad tonite I'm sure the bull gang will let the long time fan Ladyfan borrow the Zzmboni for the ride home!
In the 23 years I never missed a game due to snow. I have had some scary rides to and from.

One time Keith Robinson (Equipment manager who also lives in NH) told me at the start of the third that it was BAD so I left a bit early.

This was a few years ago on the way to a game. Amanda took the photos.
1704555385646.png

1704555418311.png

1704555447979.png

I've went with the studless Blizzaks the past 15 years and I've been impressed.
That is what I get if tonight doesn't go well. I no longer have to drive back and forth to work so I only need the snow tires for the Bs games.

I have never had an all-wheel drive car before.

:crossfing

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This, I live like 15 minutes north of the City and park at Sullivan every game, it's like 9 bucks to park, like 5 minutes on the actual train, and don't even have to go outside once you get to North Station
6 bucks on weekends

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Tonight, I decide if I need snows. I have always had them, but everyone says the Crosstrek doesn't need them. My driveway is a concern as it is very steep.. I have an "X" mode. It will be interesting.

I really don't mind snow but ice...:eek3::brrr:

Someday...You need to get yourself to a game!

Cannot take them lightly. One of the best guys who works behind the Bs bench HATES Tampa the very most. I hope the Bs win
Be safe without snow tires , as a Canadian I would never take a chance of not having snow tires. Enjoy the game and cheer hard

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Be safe without snow tires , as a Canadian I would never take a chance of not having snow tires. Enjoy the game and cheer hard
Thanks. I have never NOT had snow tires, but everyone tells me I shouldn't need them with the Crosstrek. I always had a stick shift with front wheel drive and snows. Now I have all wheel drive and an automatic shift (for the first time in my life) . Tonight is the test.

Getting up my driveway is a challenge..

I have had all wheel drive vehicles for years and have never used snow tires ,and have never had any problems, and have gone through some pretty nasty storms over the years.
Thanks. Nice to hear. I have my doubts but will check out the Subaru tonight.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
In the 23 years I never missed a game due to snow. I have had some scary rides to and from.

One time Keith Robinson (Equipment manager who also lives in NH) told me at the start of the third that it was BAD so I left a bit early.

This was a few years ago on the way to a game. Amanda took the photos.
View attachment 797261
View attachment 797262

View attachment 797263

That is what I get if tonight doesn't go well. I no longer have to drive back and forth to work so I only need the snow tires for the Bs games.

I have never had an all-wheel drive car before.

:crossfing
Drive slower
Leave extra space
Accelerate gently
Same with braking
And most of all....watch out for idiots

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I have had all wheel drive vehicles for years and have never used snow tires ,and have never had any problems, and have gone through some pretty nasty storms over the years.
I have a 4 well drive truck and put for winter tires on it . not to have a big discussion but if you think about you traction is only as good as the rubber that is on the road regardless of the vehicle

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Mods. Feel free to kill this once a real pregame is up.

Hey Bruins, Please make it worth my while to drive in from NH in the snow tonight.

I can finally test my new car to see how well it does in the snow without snow tires.
Be safe LF

We have a 4wd Jeep with CVT but it also has a 6 speed auto shift mode that works nicely in snow. have only tested it acouple of times . Not much snow here. No snow tires but I probably would consider them if I lived in NH.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad