GDT: Game 38: Seattle Kraken(21-12-4) @ Ottawa Senators(18-17-3) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After winning the first two games on their seven game road swing the Kraken are making their next stop in the capital city of Ottawa to face Brady Tkachuk, Tim Stützle and the Ottawa Senators.

The Senators have been on somewhat of an upswing having won four of their last five and are trying hard to get closer to the playoff picture in the eastern conference.

The Kraken, on the other hand, have won three in a row and are currently back in third place of the pacific division.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, ON
Canadian-Tire-Centre-Food.jpg

When?
04:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 pm. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, SN1
------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Start well, keep defensive inensity while playing smart

Even though we won both games in Edmonton and Toronto, the first period was anything but good and could've easily gotten out of hand.
Especially in Toronto where Martin Jones played very well to keep the team in it.
The team will also have to clear anything in front of their own net with a guy like Brady Tkachuk on the Sens, who loves to be right there and punish you for any mistake.

2) Penalty Kill, yeah, still....
giphy.gif

3) Keep it up top six guys
Yep, just that.
Keep it up, it has been good the last two games and hopefully the guys will be able to keep on putting the puck in the net take some pressure off of Sprong's, Tanev's etc shoulders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 10(G) - 19(A) ---> 29 points
Jordan Eberle: 8(G) - 20(A) ---> 28 points
Matty Beniers: 13(G) - 15(A) ---> 28 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 24:05 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:38 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:10 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Martin Jones: 17-5-3 / .893(SV%) / 2.85 GAA
Philipp Grubauer: 3-7-1 / .881(SV%) / 3.53 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 1-0-0 / .900(SV%) / 4.00 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Brady Tkachuk:: 13(G) - 26(A) ---> 39 points
Drake Batherson: 13(G) - 23(A) ---> 36 points
Claude Giroux: 15(G) - 21(A) ---> 36 points

Work Load:
Thomas Chabot: 26:08 TOI/Game
Artem Zub: 21:35 TOI/Game
Jake Sandersson: 21:01 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Cam Talbot: 10-9-1 / .911(SV%) / 2.75 GAA
Anton Forsberg: 7-8-2 / .914(SV%) / 2.91 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

Let's see how this one goes.

The Kraken will try and win their third in a row on this road trip in order to keep their playoff spot in the pacific division.
The Sens, on the other hand, are trying really hard to make a push for the playoffs in the east and need every point they can get in order to do so.

So let's just hope the good guys are up for it and able to get more points for their quest to stay in the playoff race.

And as always....
giphy.gif

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Tough game and I think fairly even. They play a similar style and are tough at home. Might come down to goaltending.

Reactions: Irie

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Tough game and I think fairly even. They play a similar style and are tough at home. Might come down to goaltending.

I think this game should be a good challenge and possible litmus test. While Ottawa does not play as well collectively as some of the powerhouse teams in the league, they play a fast. hard game that is similar to what the Kraken are going to face from any team they meet in a playoff series.

Will be interesting to see if it becomes a battle of just who can outwork who, or if one team has a gameplan that will give them an advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad