GDT: Game 38: Red Wings at sharks 10:30 pm et 1/2/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Did they (BSD Producers) troll Ozzy with the '94 Playoffs "If you're a goaltender, tend the goal" earlier or something?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Larkin also didn't report even though he did.

Oh you were being serious? Haha. I thought you were joking.
I should have been, ha. I definitely was not giving that game the attention it didn’t deserve :naughty:

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Haven't seen a more uninspiring win in my life.

If Yzerman was looking to extend Ghost, he needs to tear that extension up, throw it in a dumpster and light it on fire.

And as for you, Andrew Copp, you were a -3 against the worst team in the NHL and you have the gall to continue to collect $5+ mil from your home state squad, for the rest of this season and the next three years?!?!?!? You are a felon, you worthless thief. Please go away.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I should have been, ha. I definitely was not giving that game the attention it didn’t deserve :naughty:
:cool:... I'm going to pretend that if this were 10 years ago you would have been so distracted that the game wouldn't have been on until... afterwards.

Reactions: jaster

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
After next game, they will have a lot more time to run regular practices, something they haven't really done since the beginning of december.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No points for Zadina.
He was +1 because he dug the puck out of the corner on one of the goals. That makes him more useful than -3 Copp, who was such a shitshow that Fischer was on the ice protecting the lead at the end of the game and got a +1 on Raz' EN goal.

And as for you, Andrew Copp, you were a -3 against the worst team in the NHL and you have the gall to continue to collect $5+ mil from your home state squad, for the rest of this season and the next three years?!?!?!? You are a felon, you worthless thief. Please go away.
If you had said the same thing last season, you'd get flamed by the entire forum... like I was. He's useless and overpaid. And another ply on this 12 ply team.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
It was interesting to see Zadina get so many good scoring chances... and was unable to score...

...how familiar.

He's 2nd worst forward on that SJS team.
Shark's broadcast mentioned Zadina had recently been given time on the top line, and could not find the right chemistry with his linemates... Sounds familiar indeed.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Why did he turn around to take the one timer on his backhand? What was the thought process behind that one?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Watched the rest of the game in bed and was fuming when sharks went up in the third lol.

Lyon was good, thank you Raymond, Sprong and Perron for not making me throw a remote.

But yeah that looked like the December Wings again.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Shit performance notwithstanding the win.
The score would have been more lopsided if not for the Copp line with Ghost. All 3 goals were against that combo.

Lalonde needs make a point, promote Fabbri-Fish-Sprong to 3rd line and give Joey-Copp-Raz 5 minutes of ice time next game. Play like shit and get your ice time cut.

Also scratch Ghost, and tell him to get his head out of his ass. I guess it was too much to expect him to play good D all season. He was playing better than I expected defensively, but now he's playing to his reputation.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
The Red Wings over all spent too much time in their own zone and gave up too many grade A chances in the slot. Lyon played well. It is funny though they gave Perron the first star but Raymond's 3 helpers did not warrant a star. The other two stars were Sharks.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
say what you will, but we were dog shit for over a month and we are still only 3 points out from 3rd in atlantic. January needs to be a 9 win month minimum. We got one, now we need to make LA and others earn there points.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Won game we could've lost "Wow typical losers they should've lost they got lucky - they're trash and the coach is bad."

Lost game we could've won "Wow typical losers they should've won they stink, they're trash and the coach is bad."

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Shit performance notwithstanding the win.
Agreed.

The score would have been more lopsided if not for the Copp line with Ghost. All 3 goals were against that combo.

Lalonde needs make a point, promote Fabbri-Fish-Sprong to 3rd line and give Joey-Copp-Raz 5 minutes of ice time next game. Play like shit and get your ice time cut.

Also scratch Ghost, and tell him to get his head out of his ass. I guess it was too much to expect him to play good D all season. He was playing better than I expected defensively, but now he's playing to his reputation.
This is why we need an old school hard ass behind the bench...Play like crap - you don't play, or at the very least your ice time is reduced.

'Newsy' appears to reward poor play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad