GDT: Game 38: Red Wings at sharks 10:30 pm et 1/2/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
say what you will, but we were dog shit for over a month and we are still only 3 points out from 3rd in atlantic. January needs to be a 9 win month minimum. We got one, now we need to make LA and others earn there points.
Indeed...It's not like the Wings "can't" do it since we saw them at their best in October and November, but more like if they "want" to do it...That comes with hard work and attention to details which is something I'm not sure if this team can accomplish with any form of consistency.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This team needs to get disassembled about now
wings will get destroyed by the kings. they barely beat a shitty team in the sharks. this is going to be a long month.
if they will, I kinda doubt it, Yzerman should immediately start selling

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Indeed...It's not like the Wings "can't" do it since we saw them at their best in October and November, but more like if they "want" to do it...That comes with hard work and attention to details which is something I'm not sure if this team can accomplish with any form of consistency.
just feels like a shakeup is needed where someone gets traded or waived to wake guys up.

I don't like perron, probably well known by now, but if we traded a guy like him (likeable, locker room guy, etc.) either for picks or part of a package for a defender/goalie or something, then I think that would be exactly what this team would need. Kind of like a "oh shit, if they are going to trade a guy like perron, wtf am i gonna do to make sure i'm not next or my next contract extension isn't shit or etc etc etc."

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
just feels like a shakeup is needed where someone gets traded or waived to wake guys up.

I don't like perron, probably well known by now, but if we traded a guy like him (likeable, locker room guy, etc.) either for picks or part of a package for a defender/goalie or something, then I think that would be exactly what this team would need. Kind of like a "oh shit, if they are going to trade a guy like perron, wtf am i gonna do to make sure i'm not next or my next contract extension isn't shit or etc etc etc."

Waive Copp. Nobody will claim him, that should send a message. Though Wings seem to have players that don't understand the message like Vrana and Zadina, lol.

• Wow
Reactions: FMichael and lilidk

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

My 'shake up' would not involve any roster spot...

Waive Copp. Nobody will claim him, that should send a message. Though Wings seem to have players that don't understand the message like Vrana and Zadina, lol.
Waive your #1 fav Michigan born/raised player??!!

o_O

Attachments

• 1704305207264.png
    1704305207264.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 2

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
see i just don't believe that. I know you hate him and you probably do just as much as i hate perron, but like perron, I think copp's name holds more weight than his gameplay.

Copp does do the pk pretty well and can play in our own end, so that isn't nothing. I don't think waiving perron would get the result we need. I would not mind trading copp for defense or goalie help. I think I've said it before but something around:

copp + maata + pick for hanifin would be an easy win for both teams. Calgary still needs to ice an NHL roster and need a defender going back. This one has a contract ending soon so they can try to figure out something in the meantime. copp gives some veteran leadership to what is most likely going to be a very young team soon.

just don't know if copp would waive to go there.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
see i just don't believe that. I know you hate him and you probably do just as much as i hate perron, but like perron, I think copp's name holds more weight than his gameplay.

Copp does do the pk pretty well and can play in our own end, so that isn't nothing. I don't think waiving perron would get the result we need. I would not mind trading copp for defense or goalie help. I think I've said it before but something around:

copp + maata + pick for hanifin would be an easy win for both teams. Calgary still needs to ice an NHL roster and need a defender going back. This one has a contract ending soon so they can try to figure out something in the meantime. copp gives some veteran leadership to what is most likely going to be a very young team soon.

Yeah that would have to be a top 5 pick. Copp and Maatta would be 8.6 mil in cap dumps. I can tell you the Flames do not want more wasted cap space.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

If and when Calgary moves Hanifin it's highly likely it's the signal a full rebuild is coming... in that instance prospects and picks are what they'll covet and should they take on cap, itll cost the other team to do so...

For Hanifin think Maata plus Wallinder plus a B forward prospect plus a 2nd

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We got a 1st and 2nd for Hronek but Calgary is gonna take crap, Wallinder, crap and a 2nd for Hanifin?

sure dude.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Copp is garbage, Joey and Raz can PK. Copp has marginally better stats overall for significantly more money.

Stevie would obviously make calls before waiving anyone, he did with Zadina and Vrana. I just doubt anyone takes on $5.6M x 3+ years for a soft 3C. Most teams have better pro scouts than the Wings, everyone knows Copp (and the whole team for that matter) is soft.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Copp is garbage, Joey and Raz can PK. Copp has marginally better stats overall for significantly more money.

Stevie would obviously make calls before waiving anyone, he did with Zadina and Vrana. I just doubt anyone takes on $5.6M x 3+ years for a soft 3C. Most teams have better pro scouts than the Wings, everyone knows Copp (and the whole team for that matter) is soft.
well, i did want trochek over copp back then, probably would still choose trochek now. Just want him on our team so he stops scoring on us on what feels like all the time. Not to mention he has the same "look" as our current crop of fabbri, ras, walman, etc lol. I swear, sometimes I think its walman and fabbri's numbers are on the shoulders.

Quick glances will mess with the mind!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I guess it depends if you think Wallinder is crap...do you?
What I think of him and what his trade value probably is right now are 2 very different things.

I don’t think the type of package you proposed would net Hanifin. There are going to be a number of teams vying for him if Calgary doesn’t extend him. If you’re not expecting to pay a package that includes a first rounder plus some combo of a pick/prospect, then I don’t think you should expect to get him.

He was clearly calling Maatta and a B prospect crap based on the proposal.
Also this.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
He was clearly calling Maatta and a B prospect crap based on the proposal.

Most, not all, deals in the NHL in the cap era involve the salary dump of a "crap" player, a pick, plus a good prospect..

I'm positive this wouldnt be considered unusual..

So I guess ..do we consider Wallinder a good prospect? I'd hope that if we do, so too do other NHL front offices..otherwise somebody is clueless...

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
No points for Zadina.
Weird. I expected him to score a hattrick against us.

Haven't seen a more uninspiring win in my life.

If Yzerman was looking to extend Ghost, he needs to tear that extension up, throw it in a dumpster and light it on fire.
He is only our third best d-man.

Agree on Copp. He and Raz are fighting for the title of the Most Useless Player on the Roster.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
We got a 1st and 2nd for Hronek but Calgary is gonna take crap, Wallinder, crap and a 2nd for Hanifin?

sure dude.

I mean if Hronek going for a 1st+2nd is your baseline then if anything that Hanifin deal is too much considering Hanifin is gonna be a UFA after this season and Hronek not only had an extra full year at a cheap salary on his contract but is going to be a RFA this summer to boot

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I mean if Hronek going for a 1st+2nd is your baseline then if anything that Hanifin deal is too much considering Hanifin is gonna be a UFA after this season and Hronek not only had an extra full year at a cheap salary on his contract but is going to be a RFA this summer to boot
Sure but then Hanifin is 6’4” and has that former top 5 prestige and defends a heck of a lot better while still putting up a PPG comparable to Hroneks since he’s been in Calgary.

So then idk….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad