GDT: Game 38: Quebec Nordiques @ Winnipeg Jets | 4-6-13 | 6PM MST | FS Arizona Plus

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Great effort tonight, nice to see consistent pressure in the Avs end to get the puck back instead of falling back on D, seems to be working and turning into second chances. Go Puking Dogs!!!

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
I haven't been watching many games lately, but this looks like a completely different team. The players might not be better, per se, but they sure fit together a lot better. Nice to see so much chemistry between all the lines. Hope they keep up this play and make a late season run. Would be hilarious to see this motley crew make a deep run. Also, what's our record with Vrbata in the line up?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Solid performance all round. Loved it. I feel bad for Colorado fans though.. the Avs suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Remaining Games:
Vancouver*
Edmonton
Calgary
San Jose*
St Louis*
Chicago*
Detroit*
San Jose*
Colorado
Anaheim*

* denotes playoff team. Edmonton will probably still be fighting too.

No excuses. Go out and win.

Jakeman

Sep 11, 2008
Solid performance all round. Loved it. I feel bad for Colorado fans though.. the Avs suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Lots of key players out for the Avs which explains why they suck right now!! Great win for the yotes,get this team an owner please before it's too late!!:handclap:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Duchene and Statsny would be no 1s anywhere except Pittsburgh, but most of the rest of that team is pretty atrocious.

By no means an airtight defensive performance, but plenty good enough. Smith looked like he didn't miss a step, and he's gotta be re-signed ...

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Something they may get metioned when Smith asks for big money. It really doesn't seem to matter who we have in net.
If there wasn't so much talk about moving Yandle, I might buy into this, but be careful. Marty Turco looked all world in Dallas until the Stars slowly got rid of Sergei Zubov, Phillippe Boucher, Willie Mitchell and Mattias Norstrom. Unless GMDM is planning on shelling out the cash to keep the D corps together, he probably shouldn't be too firm with Smith. Over 30 goalies don't tend to get better, but until the Coyotes have enough offense to bail us out occasionally. Faith in the other two behind a full defense, but if the D comes back partial next season, Smith will be needed ...

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Hey guys, 1510 am has horrible reception, so I missed the 2nd. half of the postgame on the drive home. Would one of you mind summing up Tippett's presser for me?

Last edited:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I should not watch the games more often.. Haven't watched the past two and we have won..

Anyways, great win guys. And nice shut out for Smitty.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Watched the condensed game this morning.

Our defence looks very good. Stone has really stepped up. Nice to see OEL raise his game a notch. I thought he had hit a wall the last 5-10 games. I like Yandle more and more these days. I'm not sure this franchise can afford to change out all of Morris, Yandle, and Klesla in the next year. Stones development has been huge. He's Top 4 at this point. Awesome development by the team.

Conner adds something. Loved his speed and tenacity. This feels like a better forward group than what we had a week ago.

I'd love a top 5 pick but this group is just too good to fall that far. We'll be knocking on the door when this is all said and done. We may not make it but we are going to make the other teams earn it. That's all we can ask.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Watched the condensed game this morning.

Our defence looks very good. Stone has really stepped up. Nice to see OEL raise his game a notch. I thought he had hit a wall the last 5-10 games. I like Yandle more and more these days. I'm not sure this franchise can afford to change out all of Morris, Yandle, and Klesla in the next year. Stones development has been huge. He's Top 4 at this point. Awesome development by the team.

Conner adds something. Loved his speed and tenacity. This feels like a better forward group than what we had a week ago.
Conner spent 3 years in Dallas with Tippett back in 07/08/09 so they probably know what they're getting from each other. Also worth noting that Conner stuck around until Tipp got fired, he didn't get run out of town at any point.

The player always struck me as a 5th line forward who was fast and skilled but not enough of either to make up for being tiny and not quite enough of either to actually skate top-6 minutes. Stats say he's continued to tear it up in Grand Rapids / Portland the last two seasons, so here's hoping he's added enough in his own end to stick on the big club this time.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hey guys, 1510 am has horrible reception, so I missed the 2nd. half of the postgame on the drive home. Would one of you mind summing up Tippett's presser for me?

1510 in one of the reasons why I hope a new ownership group would take the broadcasts off XTRA to another station that gives a crap about this franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad