GDT: Game #38: Jets vs Coyotes - 5:00pm - Scripps - "I want some SpicyDyl to go with my fries" Edition.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Its good to see we are being good hosts for the Jets visit. Making sure they all get on the score sheet. This teams character is so special.

I’m looking forward to Coach T’s positives takes on this one. Lots to love and admire, no doubt.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I am really beginning to wonder, in a positive way of course, if Keller wants out. He looks undedicated and unhappy. If the other players know, thats not good.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
I picked the wrong game to go to Mullet.Guenther's goal was the only bright moment.
Nine shots after 2 periods,terrible mistakes....it was a stinker.

Reactions: Jakey53

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Watched the Jets Broadcast for the 1st period. Pretty solid job by Dan Robertson and Kevin Sawyer. Watched the first 5 minutes of the Coyotes for the 2nd period, but after McConnell jinxed the 2nd goal I went back and watched the Jets broadcast for the rest of the game. There was a stereotypical Canadian "No Doubt about it" call by one of them I thoroughly enjoyed. They also had some background on Kirkland, and told a nice story about Stecher from 15 years ago.

Listening to the Jets broadcast made getting spanked a little less demolishing.

Good on Guenther for showing some confident moves out there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
For what it’s worth, We have a great prospect pool and it’ll likely get another top 12 pick added to it this summer.
Awhile back I predicted we finish 11OA, win the lottery and pick Celebrini. I think it was rt who kind of laughed at me as we were I believe around 17th OA at the time. We are kind of getting our asses handed to us now by some very good teams. Puts everything into perspective on how far we are away from being a very good team. We are making progress, but it's slow and difficult. Can't lose faith now.

I am really beginning to wonder, in a positive way of course, if Keller wants out. He looks undedicated and unhappy. If the other players know, thats not good.
How do you ever come up with something so dumb?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I woke up this morning curious about what would happen if we gave the Jets 9 power plays and also decided never to put the puck between the dots in front of Hellebuyck. Glad the Yotes were able to satisfy my curiosity.
4 PP's. The Jets are a sneaky good team. No super stars, but a four line deep team, with a pretty good coach, and let's not forget their goalie, one of the best. Would hate to meet the Jets in the playoffs.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Watched the Jets Broadcast for the 1st period. Pretty solid job by Dan Robertson and Kevin Sawyer. Watched the first 5 minutes of the Coyotes for the 2nd period, but after McConnell jinxed the 2nd goal I went back and watched the Jets broadcast for the rest of the game. There was a stereotypical Canadian "No Doubt about it" call by one of them I thoroughly enjoyed. They also had some background on Kirkland, and told a nice story about Stecher from 15 years ago.

I'm so sick and tired of Nash and McConnell talking all the time instead of doing play by play. McConnell always keeps on asking questions during the play. Terrible. Also, why can't they talk about the other teams players? Any story would be nice.

For what it’s worth, We have a great prospect pool and it’ll likely get another top 12 pick added to it this summer.
Where have I heard this before?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

All I watch is opposing team feeds and agree the Jets have a good one. They even called working games at The Mullet a treat being so close to the game.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
4 PP's. The Jets are a sneaky good team. No super stars, but a four line deep team, with a pretty good coach, and let's not forget their goalie, one of the best. Would hate to meet the Jets in the playoffs.
Im not sure you can call the 1st place team in the League sneaky good? Just good might work. Hellebuyck is a top 5 goalie imo.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Jets are a much better team, its not even that we played bad, just not in their class right now.

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Im not sure you can call the 1st place team in the League sneaky good? Just good might work. Hellebuyck is a top 5 goalie imo.
Uncertain when the Jets are gonna get some respect. They are first in the conference by 3 points. The PLD trade was good for them.

The beating of the past SC champs was nice but they were good in the past. Panthers & Jets are good now and they are legit deep run SC contenders.

Reactions: Mosby and Jakey53

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Shit looks bad now, but the panthers are the 6th team in the league and are on a heater, the jets are the top team in the league and on a heater, and the islanders player sorokin who we never score on. It’s just a run of teams we kinda have no shot against. Doesn’t help that the bruins are next and the rest of the month is a meat grinder too.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The only good thing from this game was for the first time Guenther played like a top ten pick in an NHL game. Looks like the AHL did him good. He looked stronger and more confident than at any point last season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The Jets had a rough start to the year. They don't have any superstars. You talk Oilers, McDavid name comes up, some as Crosby and other teams with superstars. At the first of the year I don't think the Jets name even came up as SC contenders. They have slowly shot up the standings. They made that big trade and no one knew how that would work out. I'll stick with sneaky good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00