GDT: Game 38 7:07 PM - The Bear goes looking for cheesecake in Brooklyn | NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
No JB tonight hes on the IR, always loved watching his game even with the Isls, he just plays the game the right way.

The islanders tend to give up a lot of Goals so I have a good feeling the Bruins are going to welcome them in to the New Year with a barrage of Goals.

Go Bruins!:bruins:clap:

Oh damn I wanted to see Johnny Rocket out there :(

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Juniors is incredibly overrated, but Brooklyn as a whole... we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I've been living in Brooklyn for 3 years now and I love it.

I'll be at the game tonight. Got a 3rd row seat behind the net (Islanders attacking twice side) for fairly cheap. My 4th live game (second featuring the Bruins) of the year.

That was probably pretty unfair of me since I have to travel to and from it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Off tonight so get to watch from the living room sofa . Bruins always seem to play well against the Islanders and tonight should continue. I think getting some bodies back ( Krejci ) and surviving a mini slump by the first line will keep things rolling . Marchand and Pasta both score tonight . Bruins win 4-2 .
The sofa is a good place to watch on a freezing night like tonight.

Reactions: TCB

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'll pass

26551860_10214029834672637_999312159_n.png

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
I have no idea what Jack Edwards is saying but once that's fully embraced the whole thing becomes quite enjoyable.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruce Cassidy, David Pastrnak downplay winger's goal-less skid

Right now, I haven't taken notice of it very much because the team's playing well and we're getting secondary scoring,” said coach Bruce Cassidy. “But generally, I have noticed he's turned down some opportunities to shoot. It's tough to tell a creative player when the right time is, especially one that's scored goals in this league. So hopefully he just recognizes it. Sometimes simpler is better when you're in a slump. Getting around the front of the net, getting those second chances. Those type of goals usually get you going. We'll see what happens from there. I don't believe it's going to be prolonged. He'll get his looks and score. He's just too good a player.”
Cassidy didn't buy the suggestion that the third player with Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand — who have such a strong chemistry — can become a bit of a passenger.
“I think they want to play well for those two, whoever's on that line. They're so good on the puck, so good defensively, they want to do their part,” said Cassidy. “Sometimes the puck, when it finds you it's just not cooperating. A couple found him the other night, and he just misfired. It happens over the course of 82 games. I think if he gets to the net a little more often — they're in the zone a lot — there'll be an opportunity to get a greasy one. That's generally how you get out of it. Maybe he'll get a great tic-tac-toe play tonight and prove me wrong, but that's usually the way it starts and it goes from there.”

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Thank God for the game. I need a break from discussing stats and players on the main boards! Ahahah

Come on boys, let’s do this. The Islanders are an entertaining team, I hope this is going to be fun! But please win...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NHL open to Isles playing games at Coliseum

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the league is open to the Islanders playing games at Nassau Coliseum while the team’s arena at Belmont Park is being built.

“I wouldn’t rule it out as a possibility,” Daly told Newsday via email on Tuesday.
Commissioner Gary Bettman previously said the Coliseum wasn’t a viable option for the Islanders, even on a short-term basis. But last month he indicated a willingness to revisit that after some playful pressuring from Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo at the Islanders’ Belmont Park news conference.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So Belmont Park.... the horse place? Or am I way off? I feel certain I will feel very dumb shortly :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What a surprise, Weight doesn't want to put Tavares against Bergeron

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Anyone else’s audio terrible?

I can hear the skates cutting the ice more clearly than Jack and Brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad