Pre-Game Talk: Game 38 12/23 7:07 PM - It has been 2118 days since the Bruins beat Washington in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
If you say you don't expect much but deep inside you really hope they'll win this one. Does that jinx anything? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: JOKER 192

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
2118....YIKES.

A win here heading into the holiday break would be huge for the boys.

Glass half full here people

Reactions: bbfan419

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I want to see shots and shots on goal tonight. We don't always have to shoot to score (ironic statement considering we really need to score), but shoot for purpose at times. There was one play against Nashville where Wagner had a chance, but it was a rather sharp angle and he tried to pick to corner and miss when he could've shot for a rebound.

Rebounds is how we're gonna f*** up Holtby. Let's do it!

Reactions: lopey and BAD BOY

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Ritchie with the Acciari hat-trick, Bruins win 8-3. Mac with 2, Backes with 2 and Nordy the other.

No Chara to keep Wilson in order,
Holtby and the Caps curse,
they are not playing good,
lets role for snake eyes.

We cannot count on secondary scoring so go right to tertiary scoring.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Ritchie with the Acciari hat-trick, Bruins win 8-3. Mac with 2, Backes with 2 and Nordy the other.

No Chara to keep Wilson in order,
Holtby and the Caps curse,
they are not playing good,
lets role for snake eyes.

We cannot count on secondary scoring so go right to tertiary scoring.
Maybe the team will step up and win a 2-1 or 3-2 game. Maybe somebody on the caps has a four minute penalty and Bruins score two goals . Anything can happen. It’s hockey .

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
When Kulhman comes back I would like to see this lineup attempted.

Marchand - Bergy - Heinen
Bjork - Krejci - Pasta
Debrusk - Coyle - Kulhman
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

This spreads the offense out more and gives us 3 lines that can potentially take advantage of their match up. I think Bjork has played better hockey then DeBrusk and should be given a chance in the top 6 at his natural position of LW. Bjork is relentless on the puck and with a magician like Krejci and an offensive juggernaut like Pasta the line could pop. The first line will be fine with Heinen. It becomes a defensive shutdown line that can also put points up. Put Jake with Coyle and Kulhman and you have potentially one of the best third lines in hockey.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter came home last night. We got back to my house around 1:15 am and I didn't fall asleep until after 2. I got up at 5:30 to come to work. I am leaving a bit early though.

She is going to the game with me and I told her not to expect a win.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Bjork - Krejci - Pasta

This spreads the offense out more and gives us 3 lines that can potentially take advantage of their match up. I think Bjork has played better hockey then DeBrusk and should be given a chance in the top 6 at his natural position of LW. Bjork is relentless on the puck and with a magician like Krejci and an offensive juggernaut like Pasta the line could pop. The first line will be fine with Heinen. It becomes a defensive shutdown line that can also put points up. Put Jake with Coyle and Kulhman and you have potentially one of the best third lines in hockey.

I like this a lot, the shakeup they need to try. I agree Jake is not over coming the attention he is getting this year after catching teams last year. They adjusted on how to contain him, he has not. Bjork has been dynamic this year, all over the ice and is clearly the better player. Pasta plays well with Krech and Bjork and him can really play off each other at speed.

Reactions: Dabruins

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm praying for a good game, and not a blowout. But with the Captain out, you gotta worry a bit about how chippy this is going to get.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Bjork - Krejci - Pasta

This is fine except for one thing- Cassidy will not break up that first line. He just will not do it unless one of those 3 is out injured. He's too quick to change lines 2, 3 & 4 but he won't touch the first line even when they are not producing. I suppose every coach has his binkies and 63-37-88 is Butch's.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Caps 2 losses in their last 12 games, both to the Jackets. The Bs absolutely need to come out hitting and get into some grills of Caps. The way to fight fire in this instance is with fire. Playing hard and putting up a bunch of weak perimeter shots against Holtby is not enough to beat the Caps. The Bs need to man up and fight for space near the crease. They do not need to pull up on checks when instead they could drill a sucker. They need to go looking for trouble, not waiting for trouble to find them. The Caps are a great team, but they are vulnerable when they are challenged physically. This is not a case of just being snakebit, rather it's an ongoing issue with how this team approaches the Caps.

In the immortal words of Bobby Boucher: "It's ok to fight back. Coach Klein said I could. Mr. Coach Klein said I could."

Reactions: bobbyorr04 and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad