GDT: Game 37: Sharks @ Avs 5:00pm NBCSCA

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Offensively bad offence. Defence looked quite a bit more competent than it has recently ( no Ferraro and Burroughs, coincidence?)

Happy New Year everyone. One year closer to being decent again

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Happy New Year, Sharks fans. Hell of a way to ring in the new year when you're on the east coast!

Just have to say, I really am happy the Sharks have Emberson and Thrun. Two guys basically out of nothing from this time last year. Thrun is far from the finished product and I understand some of the criticism he's gotten, but I don't know how anyone could watch that game tonight and think this isn't a guy who will be on an NHL blue line for many years to come in a regular role, even if it's a 3rd pairing guy. He's growing and developing and it's great to see his progress.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Two questions:

1) What happened to Sturm?
2) WTF with Barbie? He's been one of our top contributors and he's been demoted to the fourth line? I've just about lost all faith in Quinn.

It's getting really hard to stick with this team this season...

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Two questions:

2) WTF with Barbie? He's been one of our top contributors and he's been demoted to the fourth line? I've just about lost all faith in Quinn.

Sturm is injured and Barbs is sucking this year. We should have traded him last year.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Two questions:

1) Sturm had surgery on an injury, I don’t think there is a time line for his return.

2) Barbie hasn’t looked good since coming back from injury. He’s always been a supporting player who needed linemates to drive play. Being on a line with Studnika and Kunin, who are both possession voids, was never going to work.

Reactions: karltonian and Cas

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Sturm is injured and Barbs is sucking this year. We should have traded him last year.
Barbie certainly hasn't been able to find his groove this year with his injuries. Seems like he's been a step behind the pace and Eklund has been quite good on Hertl's wing this past month or so--and while that's where Barbie's always been best, I don't think you'd want him and Eklund both on that line (I think they tried it for a bit but it wasn't working) and that spot definitely seems to be the best place for Eklund's development.

Couture returning (hopefully) soon could be the best thing for Barbie, though of course Cooch is also going to be rusty and we'll see how he is physically. Obviously trading Barbie a year ago looks like it would've been the right move but if the offers sucked, well, it's not like this outcome for this season would've been expected.

Jts4thgoal

King of the idiots
Aug 28, 2015
Barbie has always been a complementary player so when you put him with garbage, he looks like garbage.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad