GDT: Game 37: Seattle Kraken(20-12-4) @ Toronto Maple Leafs(23-8-7) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After winning both of their games in 2023 and coming back from two goals down against division rival Edmonton, the Kraken are on to their second game of this road trip.

This time they'll be in Toronto to play the Leafs and their stars like Auston Matthews or Mitch Marner.
They'll also face their former captain, Mark Giordano, for the first time since his trade to Toronto last year.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
air-canada-centre-aerial.jpg

When?
04:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 pm. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, SN0
-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Start well, keep defensive inensity while playing smart

The Kraken actually didn't do the first part well in Edmonton, falling down by two before getting back into the game thanks to a great 10+ minutes stretch in the 2nd period.
They'll still have to play well defensively given Toronto's quality on offense and the fact that unlike the Oilers, the Leafs can actually play solid defense.

2) Penalty Kill, yeah, still....

giphy.gif

3) Keep it up top six guys
The top six finally got going agains the Oilers and chipped in offensively in order to help the team win that game.
They'll have to play well this time arund as well, trying to keep the team in the game while the bottom six does their thing and should be outplaying their opponents.
It was also good to see Beniers and Schwartz get on the board so maybe Burakovsky could start scoring again as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 10(G) - 18(A) ---> 28 points
Jordan Eberle: 8(G) - 19(A) ---> 27 points
Matty Beniers: 12(G) - 15(A) ---> 27 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 24:00 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:40 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:11 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Martin Jones: 16-5-3 / .890(SV%) / 2.92 GAA
Philipp Grubauer: 3-7-1 / .881(SV%) / 3.53 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 1-0-0 / .900(SV%) / 4.00 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
William Nylander:: 22(G) - 23(A) ---> 45 points
Auston Matthews: 19(G) - 25(A) ---> 44 points
Mitchell Marner: 14(G) - 29(A) ---> 43 points

Work Load:
Morgan Rielley: 22:44 TOI/Game
TJ Brodie: 21:22 TOI/Game
Justin Holl: 21:17 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Ilya Samsonov: 11-9-1 / .914(SV%) / 2.38 GAA
Matt Murray: 9-3-2 / .920(SV%) / 2.44 GAA
Erik Kallgren: 3-2-4 / .898(SV%) / 2.67 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

This should be an inteeresting one against a very good opponent.

The Kraken will try to win their first game)in their third try) against the Leafs while Toronto certainly wants to stay somehwere close to the Bruins who's started this season on an insane pace.

According to the Kraken Martin Jones will start this one as well, given his solid outing in Edmonton.

They'll also play Morgan Geekie in instead of Ryan Donato, according to beatwriters in Toronto.

Anyways, let's hope the boys are ready for this one and are trying(and hopefully able) to shock people once again.
And as always....
giphy.gif

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Despite rheir supposed AHL-calibre goaltending, the Leafs currently have the league's fifth rated defense to go along with the NHLs seventh best offense. William Nylander has been their best forward with Matthew's off to a relatively slow start for him. Getting a win on their home ice would definitely be an accomplishment.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Are we ever going to generate a scoring chance?

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
We have 3 shots on goal and one of them being a clearance from our end during the PK. Let's hope one Kraken player alone can beat that in the 2nd.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Need to generate a lot more offense next period. Decent physical period for us, though.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Eddie lets don't be talking about cheating in the faceoff circle...there is too much cheating in Sports

Tolvanen has a bomb

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I thought if it rode the stick up to this face it cant be considered HS? Could easily be wrong with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad