GDT: Game 37: Hawks Board Holidays | Hawks at Predators | Dec. 17, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Definitive Stalberg play right there. Speeds into the zone to capture a loose puck, gets pressure slightly by the D and fires a shot off the side of the net.

And people missed this?

But that speed!

He's like Pavel Bure, just missing everything else.

CertainAffinity*

We're one of the least penalized teams, and we're at the top of the league.

Maximize strengths, minimize weaknesses. PK needs to get better, but it doesn't have to be great if we're great in most other areas.

Teams with bad PPs can win championships. When was the last time a team with a PK in the bottom 3rd of the league won the cup?

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Teams with bad PPs can win championships. When was the last time a team with a PK in the bottom 3rd of the league won the cup?

whole lot of season left. Besides, it can be as ****** as all hell in the regular season, but if they can get it together during the PO's it doesn't matter(not saying its easy or anything).

CertainAffinity*

Definitive Stalberg play right there. Speeds into the zone to capture a loose puck, gets pressure slightly by the D and fires a shot off the side of the net.

And people missed this?

Nobody misses Stalberg.

Nobody I know anyway.

CertainAffinity*

whole lot of season left. Besides, it can be as ****** as all hell in the regular season, but if they can get it together during the PO's it doesn't matter(not saying its easy or anything).

True. Though precedent suggests that at 40 games into the season, you are what you are and not much is changing.

The only example otherwise that comes to mind is Pittsburgh in 2008/2009, but that required firing their coach.

CertainAffinity*

I'm pretty sure Kane could have the most points in the league, and the Eastern Media would still find a way to keep the Art Ross away from him, let alone the Hart :laugh:

CertainAffinity*

The Winnipeg Jets, on the back of the mythological Dustin Byfuglien, just lost to the Buffalo Sabers.

Oh yeah, I want THAT guy back on my team, for sure.

CertainAffinity*

Keith is God-Tier right now.

Goal and an Assist, 6 shots on net, 24 minutes.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets, on the back of the mythological Dustin Byfuglien, just lost to the Buffalo Sabres.

Oh yeah, I want THAT guy back on my team, for sure.

I would take Ladd back in a millisecond.

Would take Buff too, but he'd be going back to forward and taking a paycut.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
After a shaky first period in spite of having the lead the Hawks have been very solid the last 2 periods. Nashville hasn't had much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad