Russell-Brodie
Giordano-Smid
Butler-O'Brien

Ramo

Last meeting highlights:

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Datsyuk has been terrible, he needs to get going. No points the past 4 games, that's not acceptable. He's got some work to do if he wants to regain the title of best Red Wing, because as far as I'm concerned Zettty has been way better this year, and far more consistent.

And yes I know he's coming off a concussion, not justifiable in my books. If he wasn't ready to come back then why did he?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Datsyuk has been terrible, he needs to get going. No points the past 4 games, that's not acceptable. He's got some work to do if he wants to regain the title of best Red Wing, because as far as I'm concerned Zettty has been way better this year, and far more consistent.

And yes I know he's coming off a concussion, not justifiable in my books. If he wasn't ready to come back then why did he?

You mean you can't take one look at the plethora of injured players we have and come to a fairly level headed reason as to why he rushed back perhaps ahead of schedual?

The problem he has had is one z faces also when either of them are out with injury but it is compounded by the total # of injuries we have. There for all intents and purposes is only one line to respect on this team right now.

One line that faces all the #1 pairings and best forward line constructed to stop them. The line has been good it has maintained possession and had some scoring chances it just hasn't buried any yet.

Be honest outside of the dats-alfie-jurco line is there any other you even think is possible to consistantley score?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You mean you can't take one look at the plethora of injured players we have and come to a fairly level headed reason as to why he rushed back perhaps ahead of schedual?

The problem he has had is one z faces also when either of them are out with injury but it is compounded by the total # of injuries we have. There for all intents and purposes is only one line to respect on this team right now.

One line that faces all the #1 pairings and best forward line constructed to stop them. The line has been good it has maintained possession and had some scoring chances it just hasn't buried any yet.

Be honest outside of the dats-alfie-jurco line is there any other you even think is possible to consistantley score?

If he wasn't ready to go, I would have sat him out longer, but that's just me. We have lost all 6 games since he's returned, so it's not like it could have been any worse with him sitting until he's ready. For the record I am the biggest Datsyuk fan on the planet, I absolutely love the guy. That's why I don't feel bad for calling him out. We all know how good he can be, and when he's not playing up to that level it's disappointing. I have no doubt in my mind he'll be back to the point-per-game pace he's usually at.

It seems evident though that Zetterberg is currently the most important player to the Wings. At least for the time being.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I suspect Datsyuk has been playing while injured. It's been too many games now, it seems, that Datsyuk has had an "off night".

I could be wrong, though. It could simply be that Datsyuk is affected by the lack of presence of the rest of our core. Or, maybe putting Tootoo back out there (added psysicality) will help Datsyuk and others over the course of 60 minutes. Maybe he's holding the stick too tight, who knows?

The bottom line is this: If we play this one like we played against the Ducks, we're going to lose. We played with no life and no effort for a good 55 minutes last night. If we play strong hockey, and all our players at least try to have good D coverage, and we can increase our scoring, we win this one.

Douse the Flames. Let's win this one!

Detroit Sports*

For a second I thought you meant get going like leave the team. An "it" would explain your thought process better. " get IT going''. We need a win badly.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
we need this win badly. But...game is at joe, MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Here we are on a 6 game losing streak and Pittsburgh, just as depleted as we are, is on a 6 game WINNING streak.

I think Pittsburgh is mostly missing D-men, though, right? We're down one D, one G, and six F. Our scoring prowess, as limited as it was already, is extremely depleted. Putting kids in key roles like we've been forced to do is never gonna end well.

Inexperienced youth and stone hands aren't gonna win us games. We need to start getting people healthy and back in the lineup. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Helm, Franzen, and Abby can all make it back in time for Monday's game (would prefer Saturday, but that's probably too optimistic).

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I expect 2 points and expect Datsyuk to be the best player on the ice. Here's to starting a bit of winning stretch.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Glad to see Tootoo in the lineup. I never expect a win when Sammy is playing.

Here we are on a 6 game losing streak and Pittsburgh, just as depleted as we are, is on a 6 game WINNING streak.
I'd much rather be down 5 d-men and have most of our forwards healthy like they have.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
this is what we do

we play with energy and intensity

we play hard every single shift

we crash the net

we go for rebound goals only

we play hard in our own end, battle for every loose puck

we play for each other, we stick up for each other, we dont let ourselves get pushed around

we grind out a boring 3-2 win

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
kind of a must win in my opinion. we really need to stay afloat while we wait for bodies to come back.

we have calgary, toronto, NYI...short break for christmas, then florida on the 28th, nashville on the 30th before the winter classic.

between calgary, NYI, and toronto...they need to find a way to win two...or at least get three points. hopefully there's a couple people back for florida and nashville, and if so there's no excuse to lose those games.

then we have quite a few days off in early january, only 5 games in 15 days after the WC. granted, they aren't easy games, but it should at least help heal up.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Nice to see Tootoo back in the lineup. He just adds energy to the team. Don't know why that's overlooked by Holland.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
kind of a must win in my opinion. we really need to stay afloat while we wait for bodies to come back.

we have calgary, toronto, NYI...short break for christmas, then florida on the 28th, nashville on the 30th before the winter classic.

between calgary, NYI, and toronto...they need to find a way to win two...or at least get three points. hopefully there's a couple people back for florida and nashville, and if so there's no excuse to lose those games.

then we have quite a few days off in early january, only 5 games in 15 days after the WC. granted, they aren't easy games, but it should at least help heal up.

No excuse to lose to Florida? We dropped 2 in a row to them already this year though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Wings skating with these lines: Jurco-Datsyuk-Alfredsson, Miller-Andersson-Tatar, Cleary-Glendening-Eaves, Bertuzzi-Sheahan-Tootoo.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Samuelsson appears to be a healthy scratch. Eaves takes his place at right point on 2nd PP unit. Sheahan up front on 2nd PP unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad