GDT: Game 37: Avs @ Sharks | December 28th, 8:30PM MT/5:30AM Finnish | Sergio, Dear Sergio

viach

Aug 5, 2007
4 PP on a game !! Would love to see our PP works well all time this season.

Very happy with MacKinnon's trick especially with 2 on PP. Congrats for your 2nd NHL's trick :handclap::handclap::handclap: SO happy for you :yo:

MacK has now 2 consecutive season hat trick since Stewart. The record for most consecutive season is Kamensky with 4, during season '95, '96, '97 and '98 (thanks avalanchedb.com)

I appreciated at the end when Mack tried to open the 600th to Iginla instead to shot for the hat trick... Fortunately, he finished the job with the empty :naughty:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Holden, Iginla, Tanguay, Gormley and Redmond can play at the level they have been lately, it's fine. They just have to hold their own against marginal opposition and the others should be able to shoulder a bigger load.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I like the way the game was officiated last night. If a player takes a penalty he should be penalized regardless of how many penalties there have been already and what team they were against. The only one that wasn't a penalty was the one where Mack scored right after on that cross crease feed from Soda.

If penalties were simply called as they happen the Avs would benefit from a lot of powerplays. Duchene alone draws what should be 2-4 penalties a game but referees refuse to call everything he draws. He's the opposite of Lebron but on the receiving end :laugh:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
well Rundblad just posted to waivers...
Too bad he has been playing like poop, thus the waiver

Rundblad is a little bit intreresting though, he could almost become a forward. Huge offensive potential, good for powerplays, I bet some teams are willing to take a chance on him. I wouldn't count on him being very stellar defensively though, at least not yet. ;-)

I believe this guy could do wonders if he finds the right mood, environment and getting his self confidence back, tons of talent. Unfortunately Rundblad has had huge problems adjusting his way of playing hockey to North American style but I also believe it may be a mental issue, hopefully he is more mature now. He used to be a celebrated star in SEL, one of the top defensive players at a very young age.

Enjoy

I love the interview with Timrå's captain Gabriel Karlsson after 4:12, he looks and sound beaten. ;-)

highlights nr 2

Last edited:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Had a big long spiel about mono-vision, as my son has one very bad eye (PHPV, with inter-ocular lens and glasses, corrects to 20/600), but lost it due to fat fingers and damn touch pad. He functions just fine day to day, but his depth perception will never be good enough for pro sports. He also tends to lose track of what is on that side as well, though he does seem to sense things coming at him from the blind side sometimes. His other senses are not any better than normal...I guess due to the one eye barely needing any correction. Also played with a guy that lost an eye to a slap shot...picked his brain about it to better understand what my son would be dealing with. He said depth perception was harder and slower, but adapts some. Blind spot is there, but you learn to swivel head, and skate to areas that limit the amount of ice covered by the blind spot, and take angles that keep the play on the side of the good eye.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Yeah there are some really salty posters over there.

Last I checked we have more wins, points and a better goals for/goals against ratio than their team. I guess that makes us crappy though.

Got to agree with one of their posters, and how we are wasting the primes of Duchene, MacK and Landy much like they did with Marleau and Thornton, by not fixing our big issues on defense. It was a very astute comment. The Avs have got to start making serious runs at playoff and Cups or we will be very well past the primes of some of our core players it goes by quick, and when you have players like Duchene, Landy, Varly, EJ, Barrie, MacK and some big prospects like Rantanen, Zadorov and Bigras you can't waste it.

That's nine quality players that should be on the roster by next year. Next year better be go make a deep push in the playoffs time. This year it would just be a plus to make it there.

lol Marleau maybe but Thornton was way past his prime when they got him.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
lol Marleau maybe but Thornton was way past his prime when they got him.

Thornton was way past his prime at 26yo? No need to look at his two highest scoring years...those must have been dumb luck because they came after the trade, or he was carried by the all-world phenom that is Cheechoo. You amuse me. He is past his prime now...10 years ago he was in the midst of it. regardless, they did waste his prime to an extent. But they were contenders for most of that whole time. Just never had all the right pieces, or the right luck at the right time. Like many other teams that did not win the cup in those years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Isn't Rundblad just Redmond (or better yet Elliot) all over again?

Last thing the team needs.

Rundblad is closer to Elliott than Redmond.

I'd take a chance on Rundblad as an attempt to try to solve the PP issues (funny saying that after a game with 4 PPG). I doubt the Avs look at him though... too much the same as what they have had (Elliott) and even have in the minors (Noreau). Maybe if Noreau won't be healed up soon (don't remember his current injury), they'd take a chance.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Isn't Rundblad just Redmond (or better yet Elliot) all over again?

Last thing the team needs.

well, as is no, he is worse .. but he has as much upside as any young d man, but he is 25, needs to put up some game and start to shine. Often times these are both a mental adjustment, humility anyone? as well as the correct fit.... He should be a nice addition somewhere, we just dont need an offensive d guy.. we need a solid two way d man or failing that a SOLID stay at homer.. Stuart please recover and be faster .. the 6 million dollar man again! .. not referencing salary but the old Lee Majors TV show.. sorry kids but I really am that old!

So.. punt on this guy but lets see if he can resurrect his career...

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I like the way the game was officiated last night. If a player takes a penalty he should be penalized regardless of how many penalties there have been already and what team they were against. The only one that wasn't a penalty was the one where Mack scored right after on that cross crease feed from Soda.

If penalties were simply called as they happen the Avs would benefit from a lot of powerplays. Duchene alone draws what should be 2-4 penalties a game but referees refuse to call everything he draws. He's the opposite of Lebron but on the receiving end :laugh:

this
we may be witnessing the resurgence of real officiating ...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We don't need Rundblad badly enough to claim him. Maybe if we had more injuries back there, but Gormley and Redmond are playing well enough. We're not making the playoffs this year, so that's not a concern, and by next year Bigras and Zadorov will almost certainly be ready to play in the NHL, and we'd be stuck with his contract.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yup, MAB was a lot better he had a couple 10+ goal seasons. AT best they they turn into MAB type players but even that's a stretch. Which is saying something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad