Post-Game Talk: Game 36 - Shootouts S*** (macro) - NYI 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The sooner they add that middle 6 winger the better. We all know they're going to do it, and they could really use the help right now.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Bruins had several grade A chances to win the game. Bjork with open net, Debrusk in alone trying to roof it like he does, Pasta one timer...add in OT and the shootout and its not like the chances weren't there.

Simple case of their goaltender being better.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Game 36 of 82, soon we'll reach the middle of the long training camp. 46 games to go before the start of the REAL season.

Reactions: TOR1970Cup

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
But don't give 46 a free pass. He has been a lazy floater most shifts for quite a while now
oh dont get me started on good ol' 46, i posted something about him awhile ago and got roasted.. but honestly, when was the last time he made one of his wingers better?... i get it, he's still a good player and has had a carousel of rw's but you would think that after a while some oddball chance of some guy gelling with him.. what's funny is that the guy he seems to work best with is ....... backes (gasp) they took a couple shifts i believe in the second and he set backes up for two straight shots, which he immediately put into shin pads, but at least they got shots off instead of forcing hospital puck passes through three defenders.... maybe we just need to get some old school vet rw , that plays a little slower game yet still has skill to play in today's nhl

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The Bruins had several grade A chances to win the game. Bjork with open net, Debrusk in alone trying to roof it like he does, Pasta one timer...add in OT and the shootout and its not like the chances weren't there.

had some good chances but you can`t play 40 minutes of hockey registering a mere 10 shots, the Isles under Trotz are a sound team defensively but that`s unacceptable

Frustrating stretch from our boys but thankfully they stockpiled so many points early as the rest of the conference remained inconsistent so they aren`t in any type of dire straits but they need to be better and I expect they will be but right now, in a bit of a funk.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No matter who it’s aimed at he’s right and it needed to be said. He’s supposed to just ignore something a guy did wrong because the guy did more things right?

The team needs a kick in the a$$, so I don’t mind him being blunt with the media.

Although, I agree I’d love Bjork on the PP.

No don't ignore it but don't read him out to the whole world. FFS he doesn't do that when a veteran screws up. He doesn't do that
when (even Heinen) screws up. He has his rock solid binkies and then he has guys who he focuses his aggravation on. I don't know, there may
be a hundred things that Bjork has done wrong (in Butch's eyes) that he doesn't call out but IMO it's s***y to single out Bjork when so many other
guys were mediocre and also needed calling out. I don't know if he called anyone else out because I didn't watch the full interview though. Blaming AB for that one play when he had a great game otherwise, while others didn't play as well as Bjork is using him as an excuse to explain why, once again they lost in the shootout which Butch never seems prepared for. Without Bjorks contributions last night they probably would've lost by a couple goals and NOT in overtime.

Reactions: Estlin

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Id like to see Bjork on line one wing. Move Pasta to Krech line.
Agreed but don't hold your breath, Bruce has a hair across because Bjork didn't block a shot even though he was probably the Bruins 2nd or 3rd best forward last night. Bruce, buy a mirror!

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Coyle has been a ghost since signing his deal...Hard to believe Donato has more goals than he now.
Lou, didn't his signing coincide with his being moved to RW? I don't know the answer but that may be the reason why he cooled off? Again, I'm not sure if that is the case.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lou, didn't his signing coincide with his being moved to RW? I don't know the answer but that may be the reason why he cooled off? Again, I'm not sure if that is the case.

think you might be right, IMO, it looks alot like how he was shifted around when he was a member of the Wild. I recall when the trade went down, a few fans offered their thoughts on Coyle here and they said one of the biggest problems with Coyle was never really his fault, he kept getting shifted between wing and C and whomever was coaching the Wild never allowed him to settle into one position and stay there and get comfortable.

I understand injuries sometimes play a part in this but right now, the B`s are pretty healthy up front, leave him at 3 C

Butch over thinking things way too much then pushing Kuraly out in OT???? C`mon Butch, you are better than that

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
think you might be right, IMO, it looks alot like how he was shifted around when he was a member of the Wild. I recall when the trade went down, a few fans offered their thoughts on Coyle here and they said one of the biggest problems with Coyle was never really his fault, he kept getting shifted between wing and C and whomever was coaching the Wild never allowed him to settle into one position and stay there and get comfortable.

I understand injuries sometimes play a part in this but right now, the B`s are pretty healthy up front, leave him at 3 C

Butch over thinking things way too much then pushing Kuraly out in OT???? C`mon Butch, you are better than that

It smells of desperation. Butch would probably like to say something like "I have to put Charlie Coyle on RW because Donnie has YET to make a hockey trade and get me a true RW for the second line."

Reactions: easton117

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Seriously we've been waiting since Horton left for the zoo.
Horton left way before the zoo, his ghost stay behind to try to milk the Bruins, for old time sakes.

Edit; Bruins didn't get milk because they were smart, it's because Columbus thought they were smarter.

Therewolf

Feb 8, 2017
Not just Chara the whole team is incredible at keeping the puck in their own zone for chance after chance by the opposition! Most games they lose is due to self inflicted play. If they all got bonuses for missing the net , they would all be rich! Maybe a guy like Kovalchuk who rarely misses the net would help? We will probably pick up a Kuralay quality player to help Kretch!
I cringe everytime Chara tries to clear the zone. The best he does these days is the one-hand poke at the puck.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad