Post-Game Talk: Game 36 - Shootouts S*** (macro) - NYI 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not just Chara the whole team is incredible at keeping the puck in their own zone for chance after chance by the opposition! Most games they lose is due to self inflicted play. If they all got bonuses for missing the net , they would all be rich! Maybe a guy like Kovalchuk who rarely misses the net would help? We will probably pick up a Kuralay quality player to help Kretch!
"Most of the game we lose due to self inflicted play"

said by coaches, players, and fans of every team in the League.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The same thing happened last year. The powerplay was money because one-timers to Bergeron at the bumper position and Pastrnak at the dot were open. Teams figured out that was basically all they had, and your powerplay is easier to defend when it's predictable.

One of the issues is that they don't have a lot of movement and creativity. They do their thing, but if it doesn't work, there's no counter move. That makes sense because their powerplay is set up based on players strengths, but you end up having the only real movement be between Krug and Marchand. Bergeron's always going to stay at the bumper. Pastrnak is always at the dot, and whoever they have at the net is just supposed to stay there unless the puck goes behind the net.
and its one of the best in the league. But there are going to be times it just does not finish. Then it gets hot again.
Powerplay eliminated the leafs last year and the year before.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I'm afraid something like this will happen to Marchand someday. He's always got his sleeves pushed up, zero protection.

GettyImages-1143851133.jpg

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

I'm afraid something like this will happen to Marchand someday. He's always got his sleeves pushed up, zero protection.

View attachment 295771

A lot of players do this as the jerseys restrict the wrists when handling the puck.

When a skate blade is slicing across your arms the jersey isn’t going to do much to help. I’ve had a skate blade slice the top of wrist/forearm through a jersey.

Although the jerseys the B’s wear are much thicker than the pure mesh practice jersey I was wearing.

Underarmour already makes a cut resistant sleeve you can wear. I’ve never tried it myself but I would be afraid of it restricting my wrists as well.

DB050FE1-0135-4426-B0B4-BF9C86242B9D.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
A lot of players do this as the jerseys restrict the wrists when handling the puck.

When a skate blade is slicing across your arms the jersey isn’t going to do much to help. I’ve had a skate blade slice the top of wrist/forearm through a jersey.

Although the jerseys the B’s wear are much thicker than the pure mesh practice jersey I was wearing.

Underarmour already makes a cut resistant sleeve you can wear. I’ve never tried it myself but I would be afraid of it restricting my wrists as well.

View attachment 295785
I get the restriction factor, as personally I'm amazed what they can do with all the gear they have to wear anyway. And yes, jerseys aren't a whole lot of protection for anything, but it seems something other than bare wrists would be a good idea. I just don't know what the best solution is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad