GDT: Game 36: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 12/29/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Not surprising. Who are their leaders? Who is the vocal guy in the locker room? Who is the Corey Perry type? When a team is used to losing, that becomes addictive. They don't overcome adversity well. That's what happens when you miss the playoffs every year. These players have done nothing but lose while wearing the Red Wing logo.

Too many nice guys on the roster can be a bad thing.
A nice coach doesn’t help either.

Oct 18, 2006
Just finish watching. A win is a win, but my goodness that defence is an absolute mess. So many failed clear attempts, miscommunication, blatant turnovers, leading to great scoring chances. It’s an absolute, complete and utter mess and we will not go anywhere until it is fixed.

Kane is truly magical, it’s like watching Datsyuk again. The game slows down for him, the sign of a great player. Raymond scored a beautiful winner as he loves the space in extra time but needs to do more. DBC is on a tear. Compher is looking better after regaining fitness. Berggren should be around 15 mins per game not 9 and change. So frustrating.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Just finish watching. A win is a win, but my goodness that defence is an absolute mess. So many failed clear attempts, miscommunication, blatant turnovers, leading to great scoring chances. It’s an absolute, complete and utter mess and we will not go anywhere until it is fixed.

Kane is truly magical, it’s like watching Datsyuk again. The game slows down for him, the sign of a great player. Raymond scored a beautiful winner as he loves the space in extra time but needs to do more. DBC is on a tear. Compher is looking better after regaining fitness. Berggren should be around 15 mins per game not 9 and change. So frustrating.

at this point Kane's been good enough that it mostly just kinda bums me out that the team isn't a bit better to actually properly take advantage of getting a guy like that in the middle of the season for <$3m, he's probably got another few years of high level play left in him too but i'm feeling doubtful it'll be here at the moment

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Still giving up way too many chances off of dumb stupid plays. One thing I did like however is the team was more physical. I know chiarot laid a few hits and obviously the cat fight. Better game. But still the same issues are persisting. Can’t outscore your problems all the time

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think they will turn a corner after the upcoming west coast trip. A few off days between games to get full practices in will do a lot of good defensively.

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
wow they won

they take too many penalties,
defense is shit.
cat has to keep doing what he did last night.
kane is racking up points hes so smooth
larkin is a freakin beast

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Larkin needs to get better defensively.
Compher still is nowhere near 100%.
Maatta and Petry in the trebuchet now.

That said, glad the boys won. We need to get back on track here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00