GDT: Game 36: Red Wings vs preds 7:00 pm et 12/29/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

Lyon is in goal. Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings practice lines:
DeBrincat-Larkin-Kane
Perron-Compher-Raymond
Rasmussen-Copp-Fabbri
Berggren-Czarnik/Veleno-Sprong
Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Edvinsson-Holl
Lyon/Reimer/Hutchinson

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
ed sent down, so there's that.

There has to be some type of trade coming you would think. Unfortunately, I could see us blanking nashville and scoring 5 and all of a sudden for one game, our defense looks great and it sets us back another two weeks because "ooOOoOOoo our deFENse Is bacK!"

that would suck.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
ed sent down, so there's that.

There has to be some type of trade coming you would think. Unfortunately, I could see us blanking nashville and scoring 5 and all of a sudden for one game, our defense looks great and it sets us back another two weeks because "ooOOoOOoo our deFENse Is bacK!"

that would suck.
The Wings need to keep Edvinsson up. Waive Petry.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The Wings need to keep Edvinsson up. Waive Petry.

Nah. People were yelling in here how Edvinsson needs to be up to turn this season around.

Ed got 37% share at 5-on-5 xGoals%. 2nd worst versus others.

It didn't turn around. Didn't light the world on fire. We lost twice.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Nah. People were yelling in here how Edvinsson needs to be up to turn this season around.

Ed got 37% share at 5-on-5 xGoals%. 2nd worst versus others.

It didn't turn around. Didn't light the world on fire. We lost twice.

I hope that at some point people can get banned for using the size of the sample. Or there is an automatic disclaimer, like "every statistical analysis contained in this post is based on a very small sample, therefore this post serves only comedy purposes"

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I hope that at some point people can get banned for using the size of the sample. Or there is an automatic disclaimer, like "every statistical analysis contained in this post is based on a very small sample, therefore this post serves only comedy purposes"
You’re basing this opinion on a small sample size! (1x Henkka)

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
En Route to another loss, Kane demanding to be traded at TDL and another 7th pick in the first round

Yzerman needs to trade a top name on this roster to send a message. LaLonde needs to channel Bowman and challenge Larkin to be better like he did w Yzerman. Larkin is a turnover machine, do it all himself and its becoming a major issue with me and I would hope others.

Petry needs to be gone by 1.1
Chariot / Holl traded
Ed up
Call up Cossa and start him ASAP, like Philly did with Carter Hart.

As of now, this team went from exciting to un-watchable.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You ever notice how slowly some of our players pick themselves up after getting knocked down?

Just terrible body language lately

Reactions: HoweFan
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You ever notice how slowly some of our players pick themselves up after getting knocked down?

I agree, the team looks defeated.

It's been tough to watch, the effort is lacking, the skill is lacking, the coaching is lacking, the confidence is lacking, the energy is lacking.

There's nothing confirmed, but if Saros is in net tonight, which he is expected to be, I could see us lose this one 4-0.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
En Route to another loss, Kane demanding to be traded at TDL and another 7th pick in the first round

Yzerman needs to trade a top name on this roster to send a message. LaLonde needs to channel Bowman and challenge Larkin to be better like he did w Yzerman. Larkin is a turnover machine, do it all himself and its becoming a major issue with me and I would hope others.

Petry needs to be gone by 1.1
Chariot / Holl traded
Ed up
Call up Cossa and start him ASAP, like Philly did with Carter Hart.

As of now, this team went from exciting to un-watchable.
They’re looking mid-season form…Of the previous handful of seasons.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If Lyon gets shelled and we take another bad loss, gonna be very difficult to remain positive about the season.

Don't let that happen boys, turn it all around tonight!

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017

Who was that on the last goal that played hurt and then finally got up when they scored? He needs to sit.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If Lyon gets shelled and we take another bad loss, gonna be very difficult to remain positive about the season.

Don't let that happen boys, turn it all around tonight!
i kind of hope it happens because then that just forces yzerman to do something. literally anything.

if we win a 5-0 or dominating game, we will have to wait another month before any more roster changes and I would suspect that no one here wants that.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Gary already made the call, it'll be at least another decade before the Wings are allowed to contend again.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I agree, the team looks defeated.

It's been tough to watch, the effort is lacking, the skill is lacking, the coaching is lacking, the confidence is lacking, the energy is lacking.

There's nothing confirmed, but if Saros is in net tonight, which he is expected to be, I could see us lose this one 4-0.
Not surprising. Who are their leaders? Who is the vocal guy in the locker room? Who is the Corey Perry type? When a team is used to losing, that becomes addictive. They don't overcome adversity well. That's what happens when you miss the playoffs every year. These players have done nothing but lose while wearing the Red Wing logo.

Too many nice guys on the roster can be a bad thing.

Reactions: FMichael

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
GF% Bottom3 NHL teams at last 10 games:

1. Detroit 39.1%
2. San Jose 39.2%
3. Chicago 39.6%

Over the last 10, we're the worst team in the league with 2-8-0, too. Absolutely "helped our case" there with losses to both Ducks and Sharks.. :eyeroll:

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
4-0 Preds. Lots of losing coming up in this next stretch of 5-6 games, very good teams we’re playing.

Be a weenie for Celebrini

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3