GDT: [Game #36] Dallas Stars vs. Montreal Canadiens – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Another lesson in showing up at the start. Can't play like this against Colorado
I don't know if I agree - I thought the effort was mostly there and they did score 11 seconds into the game lol. Montreal did a good job of choking offensive opportunities (the other team gets paid to play hockey too- which is often lost on people here) and Montembeault made several big stops.

What killed the Stars in my opinion was:
1. Awful showing of goaltending from Wedgewood on goals 2 and 3. Montreal didn't have a ton of scoring chances but he didn't come close to matching the opposing goaltender's night.
2. Back to back penalties by team leaders (Benn and Pavelski) in the 3rd period. The 4th Canadiens goal sunk the ship.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wasn't able to watch, but seems like the effort was there. Hard to ask for much more night in and night out.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
They were due a stinker against an inferior opponent. They’ve actually been good about that this season and i almost posted something about it but didn’t want to jinx it

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don't know if I agree - I thought the effort was mostly there and they did score 11 seconds into the game lol. Montreal did a good job of choking offensive opportunities (the other team gets paid to play hockey too- which is often lost on people here) and Montembeault made several big stops.

1. Awful showing of goaltending from Wedgewood on goals 2 and 3. Montreal didn't have a ton of scoring chances but he didn't come close to matching the opposing goaltender's night.
2. Back to back penalties by team leaders (Benn and Pavelski) in the 3rd period. The 4th Canadiens goal sunk the ship.

Just let me be angry lol.

Monte played amazing, gave them the saves they needed, and like you said, we didn't get those saves.

I made money off Montreal winning at least, and it was an exciting finish. Just wanted the two points!

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Let's not forget the X Factor. As Grant McCagg stated on Twitter, Slafkovsky was the best player on either team

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Couldn't catch the game, so just watched some highlights. Sportnset used the Dallas commentators and they were great for the tidbits that came through. They were constantly giving the Habs props and almost tricked me into thinking Montreal is an actual good team and they didn't just get lucky last night.

Good luck in the season and into the playoffs !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad