GDT: Game #36 | Colorado Avalanche @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | NBCSN

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Franzen: thank you Mrs. Mule for letting Johan bring his testes to the arena tonight. It's the first time that's happened in as long as I can remember.

2. Nyquist: hope you enjoyed the short stay in Detroit. Sammy has shown nothing but as soon as he's healthy you'll be sent back down to Grand Rapids. Everyone earns their spot in Detroit! :sarcasm:

3. Emmerton: Cory isn't a fan favorite but he was very good on the PK tonight.

Honorable mention: Brunner. He was active and was rewarded by a very nice pass from Nyquist. The Avs however are a dumpster fire of hot garbage but let's enjoy this moment and not think too much about how bad Colorado is at hockey.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This game is Tootoo's. That one shift he had in the 1st after our players had been getting run and he laid out about 3 players.... that changed the complexion of the game, imo. And we started getting really complacent towards the end of the game and he came out and started some more crap that kept those tired legs going. He didn't factor on the score sheet but he gave his teammates a spark.

Our defense is awful. Kindl's second game of complete horse-caca.

Datsyuk was good defensively but didn't get anything going offensively. Brunner and Nyquist looked like they had a fire lit under them. Gator came to play, too. Flip looks like he'd rather stay along the boards or towards the blue line. Emmerton looked pretty good too. Andersson had another quiet game. Miller is still doing a lot right but he needs to hit people more.

I feel lucky getting the 2 points.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The inability of our defenceman to smoothly get the puck out of the defensive zone is scary. There can be minimal pressure and hardly any forecheck and they still struggle at times. I mean they're having trouble making in zone passes to each other when nobody else is in the zone. It's worrisome and good teams will pounce all over that.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wings turned the puck over like crazy tonight, lucky to get out of this one with 2 points

What's interesting is I watched the post-game interview with Babcock where he said the opposite. He thought they "took care of the puck."

I'm not sure how we can watch the same game and have such completely different views.

The inability of our defenceman to smoothly get the puck out of the defensive zone is scary. There can be minimal pressure and hardly any forecheck and they still struggle at times. I mean they're having trouble making in zone passes to each other when nobody else is in the zone. It's worrisome and good teams will pounce all over that.
This team has had trouble with a good forecheck for at least 2-3 years now. I'm not sure what it is because we don't seem to be able to do it to other teams.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Suck it mindfly!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Hot damn now that was a hockey game!

What an emotional rollercoaster. I was very pissed off at FSD for the delay because of the stooopid baseball game. When the Wings started getting knocked on their ***** in the 1st I was actually glad! Like take that Kenny! Brunner getting roughed up behind the net was exactly what this team needed.

The Red Wings responded. In ice hockey if you're not scoring you start knocking guys down. Not exactly what we did but the fight was on the DRW came out on top of the chaos.

Brunner's goal was SIICK! A 1000 demons were released at that moment, may be that's why Gus and Brunner needed the team medical staff to be surgically seperated! I haven't seen a celebration like that since Bert snuck a kiss off of Datsyuk when he scored back in January. Hooray for the Nose.

I was begging for this team...to do something, anything, please awake and create a miracle. Cola's diving stick check, Brunner's one timer, Franzen's delicate little sauce to Cleary, good stuff. I was so depressed the last games but am right back on the bandwagon. Forget selling, Kenny lets get those few missing pieces for a run at the Cup!

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Nyquist looked like a preteen out there. He definitely needs to be sent down, he's not grabbing a hold of something.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
I loved that goal by Brunner, delicious pass from Nyquist and then a brilliant strike from Brunner, both those have been having a hard time mentally lately, very glad to see them both get such a nice goal, I smiled widely for five minutes as a result of their sheer happiness/relief :)

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Hold up. Did Cleary and Abdelkader just score in the same game? What is this? April fool's...oh wait. :sarcasm:

Anyways, I decide to miss the third period because of work the next day and they nearly choke away an easy win in the third period??? :rant:

Two points is two points, but come on, show some killer instinct.

We got a PP goal and guess how? Shooting from the blueline? No. Passing around the perimeter without taking a shot on net? No. They got the goal going down deep and crashing the net. Exactly what I was asking for all this time.

Brunner's goal was beautiful. Great work by Nyquist to open up the space and set him up. That snipe? wow. Reminded me of Stamkos. And that is exactly where he should play on the PP. One-timer, down low.

I think we might see White leave at the deadline. They'll give Dekeyser and CC a shot at the 6th D spot and Lashoff will finish the season in GR or come up when the AHL season is over.

I think this team can improve with the players/prospects they have. You just have to be willing to trim the fat and give the players who deserve the IT a shot:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Franzen
Nyquist - Datsyuk - Brunner
Tatar - Sheahan - Cleary
Abdelkader - Andersson - Tootoo
Miller

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Kindl
Dekeyser - Smith
CC

No RHS defenseman, but what can you do. Filppula will only be dealt for an upgrade. And I don't think he gets dealt anyways. If Helm is healthy, put him in the 3C position with Sheahan and Andersson fight for the the 4C spot. Emmerton, Sammy, Bert and Eaves don't make this team any better. Miller is a good backup to have who can slot in nearly anywhere in the lineup and play the PK too.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
CC had a terrible game, as did White, Kindl and Smith.

White would skate the puck backwards into his own teammates skates'. Baffling.

CC looked flat out rusty. Was always 2 seconds behind every play and every decision. The only time he made a successful pass/clear/seal was when he had an eon to think about it.

Kindl couldnt make a 10ft pass to save his shift. I dont understand how players fail to recognize when they have it and when they dont. After that 1st period, as Kindl/Smith/White, I just start going up the wall every time, every shift unless you could drive a truck through the lane. Or skate the puck north/south and never make a lateral pass.

Whatever. Ugly two points, but they ask "How many?", not how.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
CC had a terrible game, as did White, Kindl and Smith.

White would skate the puck backwards into his own teammates skates'. Baffling.

CC looked flat out rusty. Was always 2 seconds behind every play and every decision. The only time he made a successful pass/clear/seal was when he had an eon to think about it.

That's always what happens a long break of games. If Cola is still as horrible after 10 games, I'm more that ready to let him go. But you have to give a chance and some time for every guy to show what they are able to do before you can do any judgment.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
The Nyquist play to Brunner was just an aci-dangle by an undersized slow skater who can't see the ice. Brunners part was a limp wristed floater that barely made it into the top corner of the net. He was so busy standing in traffic not knowing what to do down low on the PP. It looked like he tripped and luckily connected on that one timer.

They only thing they did well was celebrate.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
The Nyquist play to Brunner was just an aci-dangle by an undersized slow skater who can't see the ice. Brunners part was a limp wristed floater that barely made it into the top corner of the net. He was so busy standing in traffic not knowing what to do down low on the PP. It looked like he tripped and luckily connected on that one timer.

They only thing they did well was celebrate.

You're a happy camper!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad