GDT: Game #36: at Anaheim, 4/03 (9:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
R&R actually sounded like they were having fun, which has been missing so yeah they get to watch the kids and not feel bad, freak out when Dallas loses.

Chiasson looked good. Eakin is only 21? Good grief that kid is going to be awesome.

Of course Cole shows up when it no longer matters. Great trade Joe.

Larsen has a future in the NHL. I just no longer believe it will be with Dallas. Pairing him up with a good defender and playing in a better system will help him. I expect him to be part of a trade at the draft.

Good lord is my top five pick actually, finally going to happen? Playing the kids to get an idea of what they have but losing? Best of both worlds for only 12 more games.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
If I could pos rep you I would. Post of the Year.

4stAX.gif

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Funny thing is I thought Cole was absolutely awful tonight except for that goal. On several occasions I saw Benn and Nystrom look like they were about to make something happen only to have him do something totally stupid and give the puck away.

This was definitely a hard one to be live at, I was considering buying some Friday tickets but I'm not sure if I want to pay money to see this team suck that hard. I'll just go to a bar and use that money on beer instead!

I am genuinely happy about all the losing, it's no less than what we deserve. Part of me believed Benn and Eriksson would take this team and put them on their shoulders tonight after depleting a good chunk of our offense, but neither looked particularly special. It sort of blows my mind that this team this year is actually playing worse than last year's team, I definitely thought this was a much more talented team than last year. It is definitely a team with better depth (or it was).

I bet Gaglardi is giving it his all not to just can Gully now, he must have a very hard time watching this.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I'm happy we are just finally being able to tank and get a top 5. It needed to happen along time ago though, but that stupid build now, win now mentality didn't work and i think Joe finally realized it (Oh God i hope)

I'm happy to see our kids play a game, i hope they can only get better from this and not turn to suck via Gully. As for him, **** can he not get fired soon enough. Loui to center? The frick was he thinking? Confusing line combos that don't produce and calling time out when you're clearly losing. I mean its ridiculous. Give Willie a chance next year to coach, hes doing good with the baby Stars.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Good signs from MacDermid so far, although it's likely that was all adrenaline from his Stars debut. We'll see how he finishes out the year.

And yeah this is the most relaxed I've seen us in a while. :laugh:

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I agree with everything else you said, but that's generally what coaches do when they are losing, you know, to try and make a comeback? Obviously gully should be gone but you can't blame him for trying to save his ass

Yeah i agree calling a time out when you're down by 1, hell even 2. But by 3 or more? I'd just run the game out and take the loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad