GDT: Game #36 | 12/27/14 |Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators | 7:00 PM | FS-D, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
I know he's a fan favorite, but how about trading Helm while he's still worth something? We have people that can take his place no problem.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know he's a fan favorite, but how about trading Helm while he's still worth something? We have people that can take his place no problem.

Do we?

I think one of the frustrating things about him is that he gets golden chances but doesn't finish, but do we have other guys even getting those golden chances as often?

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Do we?

I think one of the frustrating things about him is that he gets golden chances but doesn't finish, but do we have other guys even getting those golden chances as often?
I don't think our PK system allows for a lot if short handed opportunities. As it stands right now Helm really isn't a top 6 forward and we've got glenny to hold down the 4C spot. Riley can hold 3C and Weiss 2C. Depth is just putting him out of a job.

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
Do we?

The golden chances don't even matter since the safest place to be is inside the net when Helm has a break. But he is a good skater, and a good penalty killer. I'm sure some team could use him. We're busting at the seams with kids needing to move up. Glendenning is fine at PK's and he can take Helm's place. He seems to have the same type of stone hands as Helm too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad